Booking A Hotel With UKGSER Reviews - Hotel Del Oso - Hotel infantado - Santo Domingo De La Calzada and Parador de Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda

BeeMJones

Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Messages
85
Reaction score
44
Location
South Wales
Booking hotels that have been recommended on here makes life a lot easier. Booked our first night staying in the picos through Brittany Ferries deal, chose the Hotel Del Oso after reading a few reviews. I wish I had booked for longer than 1 night. Amazing hotel, welcome, food and out of Potes just makes it even better. If you are going to the Picos it is a highly recommended place to stay. Disappointed with the Hotel infantado, but it was after staying in the Del Oso.
We were looking for somewhere to stay in Ainsa, looked on UKGSER search and up popped Hotel Dos Rios. Chanced my luck turned up booked at the hotel, cheaper than some dot com booking sites. Excellent hotel, location and food.
Heading back towards Santander tomorrow, looked on UKGSER search, some guy recommended Santo Domingo De La Calzada and Parador de Santo Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda. Will hopefully get in there for 1 night. It looks pretty good. Fingers crossed it's as good as the UKGSER review said. Oh and the Pyrenees beats the Picos for me.

======

Moved and title edited a little.

Richard
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comment.

A while ago the Travel section was reorganised and restructured. The countries or regions were better divided, with separate newly created sub-sections created for each country’s fixed accommodation and camping. It took a while to move the many posts around, slotting each (as far as was possible) into its new home. It’s good to hear that the work proved to be of some value.
 
Last edited:
Agreed. I cannot thank Arsey enough for suggesting it the first time I visited the Picos.
Sadly it wasn't available this year when we went again... but we were also a group of 9 people this time :D

I have to add the Imperion in Canga, that we booked in a rush. For some reasons I was expecting it to be terrible (maybe because it's just by the main attraction, no idea) but we found it excellent for the price, and the staff has been extremely kind and helpful. One of us had a mechanical issue and the person at the reception spent significant time helping them speaking over the phone with a couple of BMW dealers in the area.
Definitely a good place to stay.
 
Big 👍 for del Oso. Would have hated to stay in Potes.
I can also highly recommend the place we stayed in the small town of Mues - Latorrien de An

….and hate to agree with @er-minio , but thanks to @Arsey write up this year on his Picos trip it inspired me to go myself and it was just amazing.
 
Big 👍 for del Oso. Would have hated to stay in Potes.
I can also highly recommend the place we stayed in the small town of Mues - Latorrien de An

….and hate to agree with @er-minio , but thanks to @Arsey write up this year on his Picos trip it inspired me to go myself and it was just amazing.
Agreed.
But some people like to stay in Potes.
I quite like having a couple of hours there people watching whilst having a bottle of cider. But I wouldn’t stay there as it’s always busy with tourists , many on two wheels .
The Del Oso is a haven of serenity in comparison.
When I took the boys there a few years back for four nights , we planned an evening in Potes but never made it as all preferred drinks on the Del Oso terrace followed by amazing food in the restaurant.
But then again , I recommended the Del Oso to @Asturcon and he took a group there but said he found it too quiet and would have preferred to stay in Potes.
So you can’t please everybody 😜
 
👍👍👍 as those who have travelled with my trips know I only do “quiet”
Like the last one near Verdun in my Picos report Le Relais de la Voie Sacree which a few here have been to as well.. Lovely and quiet. Just my sort of thing
 
👍👍👍 as those who have travelled with my trips know I only do “quiet”
Like the last one near Verdun in my Picos report Le Relais de la Voie Sacree which a few here have been to as well.. Lovely and quiet. Just my sort of thing
Someone needs to start a thread listing quiet hotels in a lovely setting that feature a great restaurant that doesn’t only serve steak and pizza .
Could call the thread ‘ Non-Biker Friendly Hotels’ 🤔
 
Someone needs to start a thread listing quiet hotels in a lovely setting that feature a great restaurant that doesn’t only serve steak and pizza .
Could call the thread ‘ Non-Biker Friendly Hotels’ 🤔
Careful mate….it might get edited…🤣🤣🤣
 
Hotel Covadonga in Panes is also good


Quiet, being in the town’s square

Great views and a few bars to visit in the square, if you want a bit of Spanish bar culture, before dinner

Good access to the coast/Canga and the whole Picos area or the Campoo areas

I preferred it to Potes & Fuenté De areas
 
Last edited:


Back
Top Bottom