Brake hose ST front

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a braided hose for the front brake of an ST with a Banjo bolt at the caliper?

Also I see that you can still get the lower BMW solid lines are these a better option?

Cheers all

Take a look on the Venhill site - you can get pretty much anything made up bespoke, for a reasonable price.

As above also take a look on Ebay there are several UK suppliers that make up hoses just tell them what you want. I had a hose made for my R100gs std+ 50mm all Venhill parts and hose with screw on banjo fittings so ever thing was adjustable about £15 inc delivery arrived in 2 days. Been in use for 3 years no problems.

As above also take a look on Ebay there are several UK suppliers that make up hoses just tell them what you want. I had a hose made for my R100gs std+ 50mm all Venhill parts and hose with screw on banjo fittings so ever thing was adjustable about £15 inc delivery arrived in 2 days. Been in use for 3 years no problems.

Got a link for the provider please?

Ok cheers all, but is it best to have one length of hose, less joins, or have the solid hose at the bottom too?

I don't think it matters.

When I got my g/s hose replaced, they kept the solid hose at the bottom, but on other bikes I've seen the one hose go directly from the master cylinder to the calliper.

In my view, one hose would suggest less failure points. but I don't know what the knowledgeable people think.

On my ST/GS hybrid I kept the solid steel lower line. On my R100/7 I went from a Handlebar master cylinder to the calliper without the steel line. On both bikes I used the Venhill on line, line builder. That way you can specify type of hose and type of end fittings. On both for personal preference I used black hose as it mimics the other black control cables and in my opinion looks the best.

This is what I used ebay ref - 184170165301.
Just tell them what you want and they will make for you.

Not all holes intended for a solid hose end will work with a banjo fitting, some are not deep enough and some don't have a decent area for the washer under the Banjo to bear against
And the bolts can ground out in the bottom of the hole just where you think they are tightening up.
You could probably shorten banjo bolt a little to suit but why not just order the correct fitting?

Back
Top Bottom