CarPlay compared to Carpe Iter

Lee Frost

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
May 1, 2009
Messages
714
Reaction score
16
Location
Kernow
I have Carpe Iter tablet that I've used on my trail bike for the last 3 years and get on well with it. Having just bought a CF MOTO 450MT, I can't decide whether to buy another mount, power source etc for the Carpe Iter and use it on both bikes, or go for a CarPlay tablet such as the Carpuride 702. The cost will be about the same either way. Any advice greatly appreciated. Are the CarPlay units worth considering?
 
I assume carplay is only any good for Apple phones, and the Carpe device is Android?
 
I assume carplay is only any good for Apple phones, and the Carpe device is Android?
These units such as Aoocci and Chiggee can do either Car Play or Android Auto.
And apps such as OsmAnd are compatible and good for off road
 
I'm not familiar with the Carpe iter.

But instead of the Carpuride, I'd recommend the RiderNav R7M... My personal favorite


 
Carpe Iter is a ruggedised Android device with high brightness and none USB power options used mainly by dual sport riders. It used to ship with the DMD app but after a falling out with Thork racing, no longer, so it’s user preference as to what nav app they use.
 
Thanks chaps. The Carpe Iter is a very rufty tufty tablet so it has been ideal for trail riding. I have DMD on mine and also various free mapping apps. It's great for recording routes then saving them for future use, creating GPX files of routes that can be shared with others, importing GPX files to install routes etc.
I can see how a CarPlay/Android tablet would be ideal for mirroring my iPhone so I can use Google maps to navigate, for example. I'm not fussed about audio - I just want a big, bright screen in front of me that shows me where I am and where I need to go!
The latest Carpuride (W702 Plus) can use offline mapping and gpx files, so it's close to what the Carpe Iter will do, but it's £300, in which case I might as well buy a new mount etc for the Carpe Iter and use that.
I noticed from an older post there's a comparison of them all on YouTube, so I'm going to watch that.
 


Back
Top Bottom