Comfy old boots bike service resto thread

To be done in round two:

Fork seals
Seat refoam/ cover
Side stand bushes
Powdercost luggage racks.
Replace screen unless it’s cleanable. It’s green 😞
Fit bash plate when landmark John gets his new one and I get his castoffs 😂👍🏻👍🏻
And when the clutch dies, the whatzit that stops the final drive clattering around inside the gearbox. I don’t want to sound like a Ducati…

Just back in from the bike. It sounds so much healthier lads. What a day.
 
That's all one can ask for. Now show us the fekkin kittens please. 😉
cow cats.jpeg
cow cats-2.jpegcow cats-4.jpeg

Sushi and flash. Sushi is the model who went missing earlier. Asleep under the shed. No longer wearing their cow suits. Chipped, collered and neutered. Good girls.

Well not sushi. She is in the dog house tonight 👍🏻
 
It’s got potential. Not there yet but the spots turn off 15 secs after the ignition. Idle not smooth. I’m sure the 3k will need attention. Wish I had a bag of cash I’d get the clutch done. Over and out until Tuesday.

Katie Taylor fight on shortly in croak park. This is what Conor mcgregor could have been.

 
It’s got potential. Not there yet but the spots turn off 15 secs after the ignition. Idle not smooth. I’m sure the 3k will need attention. Wish I had a bag of cash I’d get the clutch done. Over and out until Tuesday.

Katie Taylor fight on shortly in croak park. This is what Conor mcgregor could have been.

It sounds more alive than this date last month.

Well done Katie!
 
Any ideas?

Idle is up around 1.8-2 k. I have run the gs 911 to calibrate the idle. It’s still the same.

The cable running from the throttle, down behind the steering column seems really sensitive.

I’ve check both throttle bodies. Both are seated properly, I’ve checked the splitter box. Both cables running to the throttle bodies seem seated properly.

I’m a a bit of a loss.View attachment 536577View attachment 536578
The throttle cable is not routed correctly, it will bind on right lock.
See the photo in this post :
Post in thread 'Comfy old boots bike service resto thread' https://www.ukgser.com/community/threads/comfy-old-boots-bike-service-resto-thread.553218/post-6228608
 
Photo one is as it would be if in the same position as yours.
photo two is as it would be if the buttons are in the correct spot
So I have to assume I have a different model and throttle cable is routed as in picture three.

also a photo of me as Santa and proof positive it goes under and not over the bars. BUT Santa thanks you very much for the input!!!!IMG_6932.jpeg8381c665-788c-450e-8701-17ea0cd5afbe.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Linked brakes

If I ride tomorrow, with rear brake slightly covered, will that scrub the front?

Might have copper grease everywhere n the new pads
 
Also I’ve lost both brake pad pivot retaining Clips. I’ll use wire. Measurements?

I’m a bit nervous about the morn…
 
If I never take the right hand switch gear off again it’ll be a lifetime too soon. I keep reinstalling it without taking into account the bar end weight 😡

Chief safety officer Sushi is not impressed.

IMG_7467.jpeg
 
Well!

Hurrah!

It’s alive!

It’s brakes work!

I’ve balanced the throttle bodies! Neither throttle bodie had any slack. Had to screw the left one all the way down.

I have a slightly concerning rattle. I’m wondering did I drop a bolt somewhere? Sounds like a chain rubbing and after the messing with the chain tensioner earlier….

Going to put the fairing back on and tighten the mirrors and go for a potter out to Wicklow and have celebratory lunch in Laragh
 
Saying that I’m worried about the rattle. It’s from the right hand side too…
 
Well!

Hurrah!

It’s alive!

It’s brakes work!

I’ve balanced the throttle bodies! Neither throttle bodie had any slack. Had to screw the left one all the way down.

I have a slightly concerning rattle. I’m wondering did I drop a bolt somewhere? Sounds like a chain rubbing and after the messing with the chain tensioner earlier….

Going to put the fairing back on and tighten the mirrors and go for a potter out to Wicklow and have celebratory lunch in Laragh
Amazing!!!👍
When you look back at the old photos of the bike you’d never think the bugga would ever run again,,,well done for sticking with it and going out on it,,,enjoy your lunch,, but stay off the “Black Stuff “
Take it easy Baza 🍺🍺
 
Well done tackling that with what I assume is (please don’t take this the wrong way, I don’t mean any disrespect) limited experience. 👍
Interesting to read your trial and tribulations and overcoming them.
 
Well done tackling that with what I assume is (please don’t take this the wrong way, I don’t mean any disrespect) limited experience. 👍
Interesting to read your trial and tribulations and overcoming them.
None taken. Every day was a challenge. I’ve learned loads. I’ve loads of new tools! Bike seems to be running well ☺️

Found a couple of possible sources of the rattle - having a sandwich now, gonna get fully suited and booted and head for the hills. Literally. I’ll grab a couple of photos before the off
 


Back
Top Bottom