Cotswolds early Autumn weekend - incorporating UKMGer ! The Gate Hangs High - 2,3,4 October 26

Packed and ready .... hope to be there late afternoon. Hope to call via my local butchers for a couple of large award winning delicious pork pies en route

:beerjug:
 
Well the plan to pop up today has been scuppered, I thought I'd get a loan wing

Noo, just a way too tall 600 or 500

So I'm sitting in a cafe in the town centre trying to kill 8 hrs lol
 
Minor updates to Saturday route for those that use MRA - there's a road closure at the start of the route we'll need to avoid so pin 3 is moved and I've added pin 13 to make sure I don't forget the Classic Motor Hub!

GPX attached as well
 

Attachments

Well im back home,

They prioitised the wing , only because i looked like a sad fuck sitting on the bench outside, talking to the pigeons

Mind you i wached a trainee deliveroo take possesion of his new delivery steed

He had all the gear, helmet (too big) in his carrier bag

polyester trackie - modern day, loadsa money colours - grey

Trainers , no gloves !

And was given a dialemma he couldnt solve

He was told first service was 3 months or 600 miles - which ever came first

he worked out he'd do the 600 miles in a week,

So was told he needed to book it in for a service immidiatly - given the milage and lead time

the sums didnt add up there , so he wobbled off ready for his first pickup :D

Warrntey extended for a further two years (no payment required today either :D)

once it's cooled down i'll get the covers back on
 
So Mrs Santa is keen to get rid of me,

however i have commitments tonight ,

and i need to find the tent etc

need to do the sums ;)
 
Save me a spot if you can!

Screenshot 2026-10-02 at 15.40.11.jpg

2-3 hours for 130km :D :D :D
Transportation in this country is utterly fucked.

Anyway, I'll be in a chipper mood this eve (also should be faster on the bike) :)
See you in a bit.
 
Minor updates to Saturday route for those that use MRA - there's a road closure at the start of the route we'll need to avoid so pin 3 is moved and I've added pin 13 to make sure I don't forget the Classic Motor Hub!

GPX attached as well
Is that the road closure on the A44 starting where it forks left to Stow? Encountered that myself today.

Have downloaded the route
 
Minor updates to Saturday route for those that use MRA - there's a road closure at the start of the route we'll need to avoid so pin 3 is moved and I've added pin 13 to make sure I don't forget the Classic Motor Hub!

GPX attached as well
Was that where the A44 is closed where the road forks to the A424 to Stow (if coming from Fish Hill)? Encountered it myself today.

Have downloaded the route and it comes out as107 miles.

I arrived at my digs, The Sun Inn in Hook Norton, about 2.45. I am about 1.5 miles away so will have to ride to you lot and stay off the beer until I get back to the Sun. No local taxi service, they have to come from Banbury and charge you accordingly and I don't fancy the walk on unlit roads.

See you all about 6.30.
 
Please can you add me to the food party for saturday night please

Ive booked a table, but will joining the tosser soiree lol
 
Was that where the A44 is closed where the road forks to the A424 to Stow (if coming from Fish Hill)? Encountered it myself today.

Have downloaded the route and it comes out as107 miles.

I arrived at my digs, The Sun Inn in Hook Norton, about 2.45. I am about 1.5 miles away so will have to ride to you lot and stay off the beer until I get back to the Sun. No local taxi service, they have to come from Banbury and charge you accordingly and I don't fancy the walk on unlit roads.

See you all about 6.30.

No it’s the bit where we’ll go through Little Compton to join the A44 right near the start. I expect it’s resurfacing work as the closed section was falling apart.

We should be ok at fish hill with the route we’re taking as we go straight down it.
 
I'll be joining you on your ride out tomorrow. Hoping to meet around point11, 12 or 13...then camping. I am bringing a little braai (BBQ). If you want a fire or ot cook, start gathering wood..:). I aim to bring some SA boerewors with ..
 
I'll be joining you on your ride out tomorrow. Hoping to meet around point11, 12 or 13...then camping. I am bringing a little braai (BBQ). If you want a fire or ot cook, start gathering wood..:). I aim to bring some SA boerewors with ..

1) gutted to miss steeling some of your braai
2) what will you be on / any distinguishing way of spotting you?

At 11 there’s a side road just before the first roundabout where you can wait and should see / hear us come up the hill from Cheltenham
At 12 we’ll stop for lunch so easy to find us hopefully
At 13 coffee stop but not much ride left
 


Back
Top Bottom