Ducati in Nottingham

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It appears Pidcocks have opened a new Ducati showroom in/near Long Eaton Nottingham.
Not been yet but the new Multistrada Enduro looks good..
Anyone with any more info on the Enduro.? Road test or comparison reports.?

If their customer service is anything like the triumph and BMW dealerships I would go elsewhere to buy one:blast

To be honest I have never found them to be that bad!!

Their new Ducati dealership has been open a while now - go talk to Curtis.

There alright down there, I had a brand new bike that needed a new hands free keyless unit, this is a major strip down to replace with the need to drill bolts out and I was really worried, having OCD I thought feck it won't come back the same it will be marked, but my thoughts were soon put to bed there tech Kieran did a fantastic job and took great care of my bike, there extremely helpful and i would highly recommend them.

I also venture into BMW virtually every other week for spares and really get on well with everyone, I think the new image has done em a world of good.

I went back to Piddys to look at a second hand K16 a few weeks ago. It was a decent enough bike with some scuffs/scrapes on a couple of smaller panels. I told the sales guy I would want those replaced & also told him that I would need £500 of after market bits. He trotted off & spoke with the sales manager & came back & told me they wouldn't replace the panels, they'd get them repaired & if I bought the bike from them they'd let me buy the after market parts at full price.
I persevered & asked him to give me a price for the full lot, bike, replaced panels (not repaired) & after market parts, the full bundle. I was told that he wasn't even prepared to discuss a deal with me unless I gave him a firm commitment that I would definitely buy the bike & would place a deposit before we started negotiating.
Last time I looked at their website the bike was still there.

I'll not be going back.

I went back to Piddys to look at a second hand K16 a few weeks ago. It was a decent enough bike with some scuffs/scrapes on a couiple of smaller panels. I told the sales guy I would want those replaced & also told him that I would need £500 of after market bits as well. He trotted off & spoke with the sales managert & came back & told me they wouldn't replace the panels, they'd get them repaired & if I bought the bike from them they'd let me buy the after market parts at full price.
I persevered & asked him to give me a price for the full lot, bike, replaced panels (not repaired) & after market parts, the full bundle. I was told that he wasn't even prepared to discuss a deal with me unless I gave him a firm commitment that I would definitely buy the bike & would place a deposit before we started negotiating.
Last time I looked at their website the bike was still there.

I'll not be going back.

That's a shite story, all you wanted was a price - but he couldn't be arsed to work it out

WTF would you place a deposit before negotiating a price?

Yip, that was what I thought. And why I walked away.
It's a shame as a few years ago Pidcocks were great to deal with but they went downhill when the old staff left 4 years or so ago.

ive had 6 bikes from them, all new and never a problem..my replacement LC was dealt with with the minimum of fuss, 18mth old 13k on clock and FOC

To be honest I have never found them to be that bad!!

Their new Ducati dealership has been open a while now - go talk to Curtis.

Curtis sold me my first BMW, top bloke

Wow, lots of info & not even posted on the Ducati section, Curtis maybe getting some attention from me, like the look of the new Enduro..
Really like my Gs Lc but fancy a change if it compares with ride/usability

Be great if you get some attention. Walked in a few weeks ago really wanting a new Multi. Place was dead and the only salesman was engaged with another customer. So I hung around and looked at the dozen or so bikes on view (why so few bikes?) and realised that the salesman was just chewing' the fat with a mate. At no time was I even acknowledged or anything said. If that's how the treat potential customers then it does not bode well to me so I went off to SMC in Sheffield where I got a welcome and the test ride I was after.

I would have bought the Multi but ultimately preferred the XR. Went to Rainbow, as something about Piddocks attitude just didn't gel with me.

That said a mate of mine just got a BMW from Piddocks and he's happy so they may suit some folks but not me I'm afraid..... it's probably just me.

Wow, lots of info & not even posted on the Ducati section, Curtis maybe getting some attention from me, like the look of the new Enduro..
Really like my Gs Lc but fancy a change if it compares with ride/usability

Phil - MCN rated it first in their recent group test ahead of the 1200 GS in 2nd, Explorer and AT in joint 3rd with 1190 KTM in last place if I remember correctly.

Being as MCN do not know what they are talking about probably means that you should buy a KTM :D

Phil - MCN rated it first in their recent group test ahead of the 1200 GS in 2nd, Explorer and AT in joint 3rd with 1190 KTM in last place if I remember correctly.

Being as MCN do not know what they are talking about probably means that you should buy a KTM :D

Hi Paul, couldn't find the full article on Google, but snippets on the Enduro, prob enough for now, will pop to Piddys after the weekend tho for a proper look weather permitting.

Back
Top Bottom