Sold Ducati Multistrada V2S Travel - 3 weeks old, 212 miles

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I rode the CB1000GT for an hour a couple of months ago (plus S1000XR, Tiger Sport 800, Tiger 900 GT Pro, Tracer 9 GT and Multistrada V2S and V4S). The demonstrator had the comfort pack and Akra exhaust. It didn't do anything for me - maybe it needed longer to win me over. Before I rode it (and having already sat on one somewhere else) I was convinced it would be the bike for me but it left me cold. It's the third Bike magazine bike of the year that I've tested and found unappealing - same with the Tiger 800 and, a couple of years ago, the Guzzi Mandello S. Guess I'm pretty difficult to please!

Thanks for the dealer recommendations. The Honda dealer I visited seemingly couldn't be bothered whether I was interested or not.
 
Give it a proper time/test Do you like the bike- (as in engine/handling modes etc?)
My 1250GS, to make it fit me- has had 5 different seats. bar risers. Adventure screen, lowered footrests.
Fits me perfectly now and has been used loads. It is getting too big as I am getting on, but I have loved riding it and my wife been happy to get on far more than a Harley I had.
 
Last edited:
Lol,
That's great to hear you enjoyed riding it and your wife. Not sure she'd be happy you posting that here. Probably best to tell her face to face.

Yep, I'm a hypocrite but couldn't resist replying.
 
Give it a proper time/test Do you like the bike- (as in engine/handling modes etc?)
My 1250GS, to make it fit me- has had 5 different seats. bar risers. Adventure screen, lowered footrests.
Fits me perfectly now and has been used loads. It is getting too big as I am getting on, but I have loved riding it and my wife been happy to get on far more than a Harley I had.
I like the bike. Love the engine and ride/handling. Especially the engine. Enough to have bought it in the first place over all the others I tested! However I am reluctant to spend loads of money on an already expensive bike experimenting on making significant changes to the seat/pegs/bars (which means also screen) which may not ultimately be successful. The prospect of being in significant pain after ~90 minutes of riding doesn't encourage extended testing! I nearly dropped it at a junction last time I rode it because of the pain in my hip. But if I can't sell it for an amount that I can live with I'll have to start experimenting.
 
Stick a couple of inches of foam on the seat, try different thicknesses … once you get it right … have the seat remodelled
 
Thank you for all the comments and suggestions but the bike is still for sale at £15,250, a saving of £3k over the new price. Part exchange a possibility.
 
If you have made up your mind - then best to get rid… and move on
 
Sproggy I feel for yu mate and have been there many times, have a go on the CB1000GT I am terrible with comfort on bikes, not the only reason I change them weekly but hey ho, the CB with the comfort seat seems to do it for me, Ive had pretty much all the other bikes out there and this one tickles my pickle at the moment, its comfi, fast and handles really well, panniers are good, top bpx is very roomy Im really enjoying it, speak to Paul at Doble MCs in Coulsdon he does do a decent part exchange price if you think its something you fancy, Andy at Miles Kingsport is a close 2nd for part ex prices have a go on one im sure you would like it I got all the packs and the Akrapovic on mine took it up to over £15K but honestly im really enjoying it !! so much so I went out for a 130 mile ride yesterday on my own as riding buddies had other stuff on !!
Rob
It's always good riding for the enjoyment of just the ride; it's a good bike that can make you do that. :beerjug:
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.


Back
Top Bottom