ecosse aberdeen

jags

feckin amatuer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
you probably all know already but ecosse motorcycles aberdeen and dundee have ceased trading as of monday the 5th . another one bites the dust unfortuneately.

Lots of good guys working for them so hope they are ok / get sorted quickly. The Facebook post was a bit "confused" if I'm being kind about it, lots of gaps that most were filling in correctly. Two and a half hours to the nearest one for getting my ADV 350 serviced etc, which is a bit of a PITA.

Didn’t realise that, I had hoped to get a test ride on a Transalp there. It’ll need to be Victor Devines in Glasgow I guess

Definitely a shame. I had no dealings with Ecosse but knew the owner way back in his role with Yamaha.
I always found home to be a good chap.

I had a whinge at the NEC show on the Honda stand about the lack of coverage north of the Central belt, and was told that there should be some good news soon :)
Excellent news, just been down to Two Wheels Edinburgh today for my Transalp's first service, 180 mile round trip. Had one on order from Ecosse Dundee which was due for delivery the week after "the owner decided to take early retirement".

A mate in Inverness bought a new Transalp about 2 months ago from Mitchells in Inverness, they sourced it from Ecosse. Hopefully they will now work with another dealer. Price etc was the same as going direct to Eccose.

Shame about Ecosse who willingly helped me out a few times over the years and felt like they had a good formula going. In recent times Honda (amongst many other) dealers seem to be moving to larger more corporate edge of town sites requiring large investment from owners. I wonder of there were pressures to do so causing owners to let it go, seems to be a regular pattern in the motor trade generally.

Shame about Ecosse who willingly helped me out a few times over the years and felt like they had a good formula going. In recent times Honda (amongst many other) dealers seem to be moving to larger more corporate edge of town sites requiring large investment from owners. I wonder of there were pressures to do so causing owners to let it go, seems to be a regular pattern in the motor trade generally.
They'd already moved from the town centre to the Tullos industrial estate, which is where many of the car dealers are also.

Going by a Facebook post then it looks like it's Shirlaws taking over the Honda franchise in Aberdeen.

Shirlaw's had their Honda opening day today, a fair selection of bikes on show. No freebies though. A couple of the guys from Ecosse are now with Shirlaw's including one of the Techs.

Had a chat with one of the sales guys and they reckoned that they'd not be taking Yamaha on anytime soon.

Shirlaw's had their Honda opening day today, a fair selection of bikes on show. No freebies though. A couple of the guys from Ecosse are now with Shirlaw's including one of the Techs.

Had a chat with one of the sales guys and they reckoned that they'd not be taking Yamaha on anytime soon.
That's good news for Honda owners in the City and Shire.

Back
Top Bottom