FaceBook won't open on Google Chrome

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I use Google Chrome and whenever anybody posts a FB link in a post when I click on it I get a message saying Sorry, something went wrong and the link fails to open.

Does anybody know why this is?

Could be a few things.

I'd start by clearing the cache in Chrome.

If that doesn't work then it's possibly an extension in Chrome that's blocking it. Turn them all off and see if it works. If so then turn them back on again one at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

If not, then it could be a DNS thing possibly. You could try getting Chrome to use Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

Do you have an example of where someone has done this and the link doesn't work for you? Could just be a bad link and nothing to do with you :D

Could be a few things.

I'd start by clearing the cache in Chrome.

If that doesn't work then it's possibly an extension in Chrome that's blocking it. Turn them all off and see if it works. If so then turn them back on again one at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

If not, then it could be a DNS thing possibly. You could try getting Chrome to use Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1)

Do you have an example of where someone has done this and the link doesn't work for you? Could just be a bad link and nothing to do with you :D
Thanks Sparkplug, now do you have that in English :D

how does one clear a cache? where do I find extensions, how does one suggest a DNS to Chrome? So many questions, so little ability.

When was the last time you turned the machine off and did a cold start reboot? A lot of people just close a lid on a laptop so it goes to sleep not turn off. Desktop machines are often left on 24/7.

Do you allow the machine to automatically update itself? If not, is everything up to date?

Do you have a tame grandchild that can offer a consultation? Although, one under the age of 20 might not know what Facebook is.

Back
Top Bottom