Ferry to wales Tuesday afternoon

gsa matt

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I'm travelling to Wales Tuesday. Leaving from Dublin about half 2 I think. Wondering on the weather forecast there next week please. I have looked at different sites and all say different things. Hoping not to need the wet gear. Many thanks

Having been born and raised in Wales, I predict the weather in Wales in September will be changeable and any prediction about Tuesday can be a guess at best. I'm near Oswestry today, just across the border and we appear to be in a lull between two big storms coming in off the Atlantic. There seem to be more storms behind these so they might come to Wales. Prepare for wet weather and hope you catch a lull between waves of weather.

If you are coming into Holyhead it is supposed to be rain till 1pm then cloudy from then so far, I would put waterproofs on.

Leaving from Dublin about half 2 I think.

You think? Please contact the forum again, should it transpire that you leave Dublin at 08:00 or 17:30.

Can you not access the BBC (or the Met Office) weather websites from Dublin? I can see the forecast for Dublin on Tuesday. If the 80% chance of rain at 16:00 comes in earlier, you might well be needing your umbrella before you leave home, let alone when you arrive on our shores.

IMG_4422.png

Last edited:
Irish Sea crossing, Tuesday - the top end of gale force SW winds & rain.

Probably a tad 'bumpy', so best stock up with some Stugeron/Cinnarizine if you are in any way troubled by motion sickness.

Gales should clear mid Wednesday, but things are likely to remain unsettled for the rest of the week. Coming from Kerry, you must have tried & tested wet gear - you'll be needing it.

Whatever, have a good trip & don't get snared by the genius new 20mph plan . The Welsh are well accustomed to bikers/walkers/cyclists arriving looking like drowned rats.

Depending on your stead and your alone.
Pack one pannier or saddle bag with sunny hot clothes just in case.
Pack another with wet all weather clothing
I have seen on a weather forecast frosty weather overnight in Scotland...so Pack thermals in the top box...

Next problem I see is for you is....what too wear on to said ferry crossing...

You think? Please contact the forum again, should it transpire that you leave Dublin at 10:00 or 17:30.

Can you not access the BBC (or the Met Office) weather websites from Dublin? I can see the forecast for Dublin on Tuesday. If the 80% chance of rain at 16:00 comes in earlier, you might well be needing your umbrella before you leave home, let alone when you arrive on our shores.

View attachment 283204
No sorry. Terrible with teck
Having been born and raised in Wales, I predict the weather in Wales in September will be changeable and any prediction about Tuesday can be a guess at best. I'm near Oswestry today, just across the border and we appear to be in a lull between two big storms coming in off the Atlantic. There seem to be more storms behind these so they might come to Wales. Prepare for wet weather and hope you catch a lull between waves of weather.
Appreciate that. Ya I heard a mention of a storm. Was only hoping they were joking. Wet gear will be out so. Thanks

Irish Sea crossing, Tuesday - the top end of gale force SW winds & rain.

Probably a tad 'bumpy', so best stock up with some Stugeron/Cinnarizine if you are in any way troubled by motion sickness.

Gales should clear mid Wednesday, but things are likely to remain unsettled for the rest of the week. Coming from Kerry, you must have tried & tested wet gear - you'll be needing it.

Whatever, have a good trip & don't get snared by the genius new 20mph plan . The Welsh are well accustomed to bikers/walkers/cyclists arriving looking like drowned rats.
Thanks 😁

Depending on your stead and your alone.
Pack one pannier or saddle bag with sunny hot clothes just in case.
Pack another with wet all weather clothing
I have seen on a weather forecast frosty weather overnight in Scotland...so Pack thermals in the top box...

Next problem I see is for you is....what too wear on to said ferry crossing...
Its a gs adventure. Ill pack mostly wet warm gear . I was hoping to stay in my bike gear on the crossing..

Back
Top Bottom