France in a circle June 2014 (Pic relatively heavy)

A good read, thanks for sharing. Off on my own tour tomorrow, just self and best friend, no pillions. We'll be roughing it by comparison.

Brittany Ferries have changed the crossing from Portsmouth to Santander to Plymouth to Santander this evening, about 24 hrs before sailing... What else could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm booked with Brittany from Portsmouth to Cherbourg on the 29th. Fingers crossed for no disruption.

Wasn't an issue with the port, it was a technical problem with the ferry (Pont-Aven) that delayed departure from Santander yesterday. Hopefully it's properly fixed and not a gaffer tape and cable ties lash-up that'll leave us bobbing about in the bay of Biscay...

I got back yesterday from a long weekend in Brittany. Usually travel from Portsmouth or Poole but this time took the ferry Plymouth to Roscoff return and they were superb, "Pont-Aven" on the way out is either new or very recently refitted and refurbished, great layout and facilities and very comfortable. "Armorique" on the return leg was smaller but equally high quality. I remember the P&O experience from many years ago and there is just no comparison now.

ps forgot to say really enjoyed reading OP's trip report - do it your way, why not! Will pick your brains for the details of one or two of your stops, if I can. (and you're just up the road from me.)

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed your ride report, much more in line with reality than some of the "hardcore" types.

Take a pat on the back

Fuji X100, that explains the picture quality then :thumb

Fantastic summary of your trip. I'll hand you my notes and photos when I return at the weekend and you can post up my trip!

By the way, chair is bloody marvellous!!

Just hope I don't get caught in the strikes coming back on Saturday.

Excellent report there. Mmmmmm..... I now have a preplanned route and itinerary. :) thx for sharing. Excellent pics as well.

Great report and pictures thanks for the effort to post , What sat nav did you use ? also what is the law requirement of items to take ? high viz, first aid, triangle, etc

Looks like no triangle needed or First aid kit and no reflective viz jacket

I really enjoyed that Paul...thanks for sharing.:thumb2

Great pics and report, i might just have to copy your route for my next euro trip... :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom