Free upgraded toolkit!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Franky
  • Start date Start date

Franky

Guest
See this thread.. called result.

Basically instead of sending a letter I rang and now i'm getting the upgraded tool kit and a second spare key, not bad for a 5min phone call. I just mentioned that you get better tool kits with scooters etc and that you can't use BMW assist everywhere that you can take the GS. Well worth a try. :clap :clap :clap :dabone
 
Ask for the full toolkit

Hi!

In Norway all BMW-dealers are instructed to hand out the full toolkit to owner who have the full kit pictured in their owners manual. BUT ONLY to those who ask for it.

cheers
Terje
 
Franky said:
See this thread.. called result.

Basically instead of sending a letter I rang and now i'm getting the upgraded tool kit and a second spare key, not bad for a 5min phone call. I just mentioned that you get better tool kits with scooters etc and that you can't use BMW assist everywhere that you can take the GS. Well worth a try. :clap :clap :clap :dabone

Number please :thumb
 
Sorry.... should have put it in the first place..... this is the number I rang, however I explained my query then got transfered.

0870 5050 160

:D
 
Nice one Franky!!

I took your advice Franky
After five minute call to BMW, voicing my disatisfaction about tool kit and particularly the lack of proper second key. I now have a second key on it's way!! Although BMW did inform me due to a customer servey the tool kit was thought to be adequate. I'm happy to be just getting the new key. They told me it was a good will jesture to upgrade second key free of charge. So if you want a new key let them know your not happy with a plastic second key on a £10,000 motorcycle...... :thumb
 
key and tool kit

I also took your advice and told them I was less than happy with the plaggy key and small tool kit. They have contacted barrie robsons who will give me the rest of the tool kit and have ordered me a new key. Good customer relations and saved me 50 quid, which was nice.
 
Tool Kit

I did likewise on Tuesday morning. The assistant clearly didn't understand why I should want a full toolkit, but did offer an explanation about the key. Apparently BMW carried out a survey of riders which showed they were not worried about having a spare key. The reality proved somewhat different, and BMW are 'looking into it'.
 
WTF!

What is a "full" toolkit anyway. :confused:

Any chance of a picture of either one or the other then I'll know which one I have (or haven't) got.

I couldn't fit any more under the seat anyway but it would be good to know.

Skippy.
 
Franky said:
See this thread.. called result.

Basically instead of sending a letter I rang and now i'm getting the upgraded tool kit and a second spare key, not bad for a 5min phone call. I just mentioned that you get better tool kits with scooters etc and that you can't use BMW assist everywhere that you can take the GS. Well worth a try. :clap :clap :clap :dabone
i rang bmw customer services as well,No joy with tool kit,but told to ring my dealer and result is ,New key on its way,cheers franky!!! :thumb
 
BMW assist wanted to pick up my GS adv because it had a puncture (I was at home)

All I wanted to do was to take off the bloody back wheel and get it plugged.

Was there a torq key in the kit to fit it?......no!

To cut a long storey short, I rang the dealer. The service manager told me BMW did not supply one with the tool kit for legal reasons, ring BMW assist.

OK, here it comes..........some bloke (apparently) a while back was attempting to take off his wheel at the road side and the bike fell on him, leaving BMW liable.

"What", I said "you're taking the piss!" The manger went on to tell me every year the tool kits just keep getting smaller!

Anyway, they gave me the torq key for my kit and a couple of weeks later another spare key, so I now have 3!

So what's in the full kit?

Good 'ol' BM!
 
New big tool kit and key

I collected mine from Barrie Robsons and I have to say the kit is huge but fits well into the space under the seat. All the items were in the kit that are shown in the link above the only thing that was missing is the tyre repair kit. The key is also very nice too. Thanks fronky and BAZZA Robson the miserable git. ha ha. :bow
 
New big tool kit and key

I collected mine from Barrie Robsons and I have to say the kit is huge but fits well into the space under the seat. All the items were in the kit that are shown in the link above the only thing that was missing is the tyre repair kit. The key is also very nice too. Thanks franky and BAZZA Robson the miserable git. ha ha. :bow
 
Well I rang BMW customer services this morning and was told by some smug little git that "the quality of the toolkit is relected in the price of the bike"!!!!?????

No amount of argument or persuasion would have him agree to upgrade my toolkit from the pathetic thing it is. I am f*cking furious and told him so.

Currently waiting for CW Motorcycles to ring me back about it. Let's see if they are as good as folk make out.

:spitfire :spitfire :spitfire :spitfire :spitfire :spitfire
 
For those who have received a 'full tool kit' and spare key
1. How long did you have to wait?
2. How was it delivered?

I've heard nothing from BMW since I phoned last week.
 
I had a right go @ them & asked if BMW assist will take my plugs out if i take water in on a water crossing :spitfire They were on to my dealer within the hour waiting to hear the outcome :mmmm
 
cheesy metal

I tried the "i want a full toolkit" when i got my 1200.
I got a second metal key and was shown the "quality"full toolkit.
It is made of cheese or some spurious metal.
I will be making my own toolkit as i want it to work when i need it.
I see the point of wanting what is rightfully yours but come on bmw make the tool kit with proper tools made from proper metal.
 
BillWright said:
For those who have received a 'full tool kit' and spare key
1. How long did you have to wait?
2. How was it delivered?

I've heard nothing from BMW since I phoned last week.

BMW told me to go into my dealer with the letter I received from them and the dealer would order it. I had both the full tool kit and the second proper key within a week.

Bob
 
Just picked up my 1200 and was told that a second 'proper' key has been ordered for me; but no chance of a full tool kit. My manual doesn't even have an entry for toolkit in the index and certainly no list of tools. Bit miffed that BMW use torx screws and bolts liberally on the bike, but provide no tools for use whilst on the road. I wonder if they would if we all called out BMW assistance to tighten up a loose mirror bolt.

I think I've already spoken to the 'smug little git' at customer services that Humbug mentioned - about a different matter though.
 


Back
Top Bottom