Front shock…shock!

SimOv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taking my K1300GT out of Aberdeenshire hibernation today and as soon as I moved it off the stand the front shock started dripping. Bugger!
I’m currently awaiting the shocking quote from John Clark’s for a replacement but can anyone recommend someone who might be able to refurbish this unit with new spring included. I want to keep the electronic adjustment functionality, and also might get the rear done too, depending upon the cost and available funds
Thanks in advance, Simon

Luke (Denz0 on here) did mine recently. £246 including £60 for an uprated spring, but it was in reasonable condition.

The rear was about the same - also including a new spring.

Removing the front shock is fairly straightforward. The rear, however, not so much.

+1 for Lucasz near Croydon- he transformed my unicorn! Good bloke too

Surprisingly I managed to get a very good deal on a new shock + fitting from local BMW dealer.
Now I have the old blown shock back I'm debating offering it for sale as it is for a realistic price, or getting it refurbished and then selling. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 13
Thoughts? well yes FWIW.

You should have listened to fellow Gsers' recommendations and spent wiser getting Lucaz to work on it. You would have ended up with a much better end product. He's a suspension engineer unlike bmw who just sells you a mass produced part built to budget...
But hey ho, you pays your money etc.

And as far as selling your used shock...🤐

Thanks Yarkto
Unexpectedly not being in the same location as the bike for long periods and thus not having the opportunity to strip out the shock myself was in the end a major influence in my decision. I certainly hadn't disregarded the recommendations here, but when circumstances change you sometimes have to take the route of least resistance.

I was just wondering if someone might want to have the old shock for reconditioning for the cost of a beer and the postage.

Back
Top Bottom