Garmin - excellent service…

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back in January 2020 I snapped an SD card in the slot of my Nav5. That Nav5 was new in late 2014. I sent it to Garmin asking them to repair it. They said they couldn’t but would replace it for a Nav6 for £100.

Late last year that Nav6 started with the widespread ghosting problem.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Garmin by Live Chat on their UK website. They said the Nav6 was still under warranty for the ghosting and if I sent it back (they provided a free UPS label) they would replace it.

They have sent me an immaculately refurbished Make Life a Ride Nav6 (arrived yesterday). They’ve also said that when they have more stock of the latest CAP unit, they will replace the one they’ve just sent me with one of those - no charge.

That will mean I have a brand new, latest tech Nav6, which has replaced a Nav5 bought a decade ago and all it’s cost me is £100 - and the £100 was my own fault for damaging the original Nav5.

You’d struggle to find a bike manufacturer stand ping behind their product to that extent.

Meanwhile, the second-hand Nav5 I bought when I damaged the original one continues to perform faultlessly despite plenty of tough terrain, having crossed Africa, including the Namibian gravel and Die Hell and done the length of South America, including Ruta 40 and the Carratera Austral in the last 18 months.

Go Garmin :clap :clap :clap

However, if you'd bought a Nav 6, and had numerous replacements (6 in my case), maybe you'd not have such a great opinion of them...

Back in January 2020 I snapped an SD card in the slot of my Nav5. That Nav5 was new in late 2014. I sent it to Garmin asking them to repair it. They said they couldn’t but would replace it for a Nav6 for £100.

Late last year that Nav6 started with the widespread ghosting problem.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Garmin by Live Chat on their UK website. They said the Nav6 was still under warranty for the ghosting and if I sent it back (they provided a free UPS label) they would replace it.

They have sent me an immaculately refurbished Make Life a Ride Nav6 (arrived yesterday). They’ve also said that when they have more stock of the latest CAP unit, they will replace the one they’ve just sent me with one of those - no charge.

That will mean I have a brand new, latest tech Nav6, which has replaced a Nav5 bought a decade ago and all it’s cost me is £100 - and the £100 was my own fault for damaging the original Nav5.

You’d struggle to find a bike manufacturer stand ping behind their product to that extent.

Meanwhile, the second-hand Nav5 I bought when I damaged the original one continues to perform faultlessly despite plenty of tough terrain, having crossed Africa, including the Namibian gravel and Die Hell and done the length of South America, including Ruta 40 and the Carratera Austral in the last 18 months.

Go Garmin :clap :clap :clap
Thanks for that. Mine is about 5 yrs old now and I love it but just started ghosting so I shall "chat" with them tomorrow. Just want it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom