Garmin instruction video / DVD?

Possu

Reaction score
Still getting to grips with the second hand Nav.II I bought a two weeks ago.

I've been offered the loan of a Garmin instruction video - is the same thing available on a DVD? Main reason for asking is that my video player often chews up tapes at random, no wish to destroy someone elses tape.

I've downloaded & installed City Navigator v.6 on to my PC - do I have to first get an unlock code from Garmin before I can download maps from PC to GPS?

Sorry, don't know which one the Nav II is, bit I have a DVD for the SP3 if that's any use to you. I bought it dirt cheap off e-bay last year and I reckon it's a copy (the sound quality is pretty poor), but you can still make it out. If you need to borrow it, just PM me. ;)

EJ said:
Sorry, don't know which one the Nav II is, bit I have a DVD for the SP3 if that's any use to you. I bought it dirt cheap off e-bay last year and I reckon it's a copy (the sound quality is pretty poor), but you can still make it out. If you need to borrow it, just PM me. ;)

The Nav.II is basically a 2610 with additional buttons. Thanks for the offer though.:beerjug:

I have a copy of the 2610 Tutorial DVD. If you want a copy then drop me a pm with your address.

Steve, I also bought a second hand BMW Motorrad Navigator 2 through Ebay as the original one on the bike was retained by the former keeper for use in his car, luckily he left the BMW mount for me. I am also trying to get to grips with it, there is so much to learn.

Despite having all items and accessories I didn't have any software and the unit was all set up in German with German maps so presumably came from Germany. I phone Garmin and quoted the serial number and asked about software, they checked their database and said the unit was not stolen but I needed to quote the previous owner in order for them to change the ownership details on their database (to discourage theft). Not much help or so I thought.

I phoned them again later in an attempt to get advice on where to find the previous owners details and spoke to a different customer services guy ( PM me if you want to know his name otherwise I may get him into trouble as he bent the rules a bit for me) who heard my story, made some checks and took my details and is posting me the software CD's with an unlock code via email, and has changed the registered owner details for me, a top bloke !! Criminals with stolen units reading this need not try this method as they record your calls, and need to take all your details anyway. Bogus details would not pass their checks.

Why not give Garmin UK a call on 0870 850 1242 (press option 2, you may have to wait in a queue a while).

Nomis, if it doesn't come with a tutorial disk could you make me a copy ??

Thanks for the replies:beerjug:

I e-mailed Garmin Europe last night & am awaiting a reply. Garmin USA let me down by not registering me as the new owner despite replying to their e-mail giving all the req'd. info.

Pukmeister,
Send me a pm with your address and i will post you a copy.
I forgot to mention that I am not looking for any money for these discs and i will even pay for 1st class post. If you find it doesnt help you then just pass it on to somebody else.

Back
Top Bottom