GPX - Criss-Crossing Caminos - Spain & Portugal

Thanks for a great write-up on your trip. You've inspired me to 'give it a go' - possibly later this year. I'm 64 and have been cautious about doing this on my own but you've made it look appealing. Do you still have the gps for your route as I'd like to follow it. Many thanks.

Eric

Thanks for a great write-up on your trip. You've inspired me to 'give it a go' - possibly later this year. I'm 64 and have been cautious about doing this on my own but you've made it look appealing. Do you still have the gps for your route as I'd like to follow it. Many thanks.

Eric
Hi Eric, thank you.

You will have a great time - I’m sure. Let me download my GPX and we’ll figure out how to share.

Let me download my GPX and we’ll figure out how to share.
Simples- attach GPX file to a post
If system says 'too large' create a Zip file and do the same.
Same applies if saving file as .kml for GE which some prefer.

Here are the actual travel GPX files of the Criss-crossing caminos - Spain & Portugal '23.
Things to note: Days are in sequential order of travel (Missing travel days are because I stayed in the location for 2 days). Days 10, 11 & 12 I didn't create a route, but it was from Monchique >Lagos > Albufeira > Carvoeiro > Silves > Tavira. I can if required - let me know.
All of the files are .gpx but day 5 is zipped.

All the best G&T

Attachments

• Day 1 Santander port to Santillana del Mar.gpx
    65.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Day 2 Santillana del Mar to Ovieda 2.gpx
    448.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 3 Ovieda to Lugo 27_9 1.gpx
    359 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 4 Lugo to Combarro Pontevedra 28.gpx
    428.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 5 Combarro Pontevedra to Porto 2.zip
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 7 Porto to Covilha Fundão 1_10 1.gpx
    466.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 8 Covilha Fundão to Sintra 2_10 1.gpx
    375.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 9 Sintra to Monchique 3_10.gpx
    242.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 13 Tavira to Cacares 1.gpx
    392.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Day 14 Cacares to Salamanca1 1.gpx
    130 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 15 Salamanca to Santillana Del Mar.gpx
    298.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Day 17 Santillana Del Mar to Santander port.gpx
    68 KB · Views: 5
Thank you.

Those work fine.

Here’s day one in Pocket Earth. It’s the magenta line, superimposed on other routes in my library.

IMG_4196.png

Reactions: G&T
Thank you.

Those work fine.

Here’s day one in Pocket Earth. It’s the magenta line, superimposed on other routes in my library.

View attachment 311676
Excellent, thank you Wapping for checking.
Yes, Day 1 off the boat and a quick hop to Santillana Del Mar (y)

Combined into one file and changed daily runs in alternate colours. Thank you G&T

Attachments

• G&T Camino - 1.zip
    506.4 KB · Views: 7
  • G&T Camino.zip
    395.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Here are the actual travel GPX files of the Criss-crossing caminos - Spain & Portugal '23.
Things to note: Days are in sequential order of travel (Missing travel days are because I stayed in the location for 2 days). Days 10, 11 & 12 I didn't create a route, but it was from Monchique >Lagos > Albufeira > Carvoeiro > Silves > Tavira. I can if required - let me know.
All of the files are .gpx but day 5 is zipped.

All the best G&T
Many thanks - will enjoy looking through these and hopefully following them later this year

Eric

Reactions: G&T

Back
Top Bottom