handle bars not aligned

Windigo

Reaction score
hello everyone just a question,
I just got a 2002 f650gs dakar and the handlebars are slightly off to the the left when going straight
it feels like my right had is further forward than the left hand.
it had an aftermarket handle bar on a and I took it off an put the original back on
the aftermarket bar was bend about 1/8" the stock handle bars are behaving the same way

any help on how to align this would be appreciated thank you.

Put it on main stand (or support under engine) and loosen all fasteners from wheel clamps up to the yoke (triple-tree :blast), bounce the suspension a few times, then use a straight edge to align the wheels before tightening all fasteners.

Put it on main stand (or support under engine) and loosen all fasteners from wheel clamps up to the yoke (triple-tree :blast), bounce the suspension a few times, then use a straight edge to align the wheels before tightening all fasteners.

thank you I'll try, the center stand is also bent the right leg is forward and the left leg is further back. do you know it the center stand mounting points are directly in line with each other. I took the center stand off today and was wondering how is it that it was mounted to the bike and the mounting on the right is forward of the mounting bold on the left...

Back
Top Bottom