Hossein's Guest House,Urmia,Iran

Yeah right- you shud know this bloke is a guide and will ask you for dosh for all his services just before you leave- his 'welcome' comes at a price. $$ - don't fall for it unless you wanna pay

Plus, should subscribe before advertising :rob

Yeah right- you shud know this bloke is a guide and will ask you for dosh for all his services just before you leave- his 'welcome' comes at a price. $$ - don't fall for it unless you wanna pay

I take it you have personal experience of this ?

I don't know how I got onto this thread but anyway, I stayed with his family for about 5 days when I first entered Iran. I was taken aback when his dad asked for the money, I certainly wasn't expecting it, though I would have left something. That said, he goes out of his way to help you, you meet his friends, go to places you would probably never get a chance to see otherwise and it's a great way to enter a country which initially you will probably have misgivings about.

I paid about $25 USD a night, which in European terms is a bargain. His mother is a wonderful cook too. It's very much worth it.

As I told him afterwards, he needs to state the cost clearly BEFOREHAND so that people know what to expect. It's bad form that he hasn't corrected this practice.

At the time of entry a little over a year ago it wasn't possible to get bike insurance unless you paid for a year. This was very expensive, even for my 125cc scooter, so I risked loosing it by doing without. I'd personally take the Carnet 'fix' he's offering (also see HUBB) with a pinch of salt, he must have made a friend at the border control. You can do it without a carnet but it is a fixed amount of money and HUGE, so he's arranged a backhander. If the police stop you and know to check the form, they'll be delighted at receiving a tourateched up R1200GSA at no charge.

A.

[edit] he's not offering a Carnet but some sort of alternative just for Iran. Maybe it's valid.

As I told him afterwards, he needs to state the cost clearly BEFOREHAND so that people know what to expect. It's bad form that he hasn't corrected this practice.

Or perhaps you need to ask the price BEFOREHAND, the same 'practice' is carried out in many countries.

Great website and may be of use to anyone travelling into Iran especially if there's a problem with the Carnet :beerjug:
Thank you Timolgra
I hope my information and services can be helpful for overlanders.

Sorry,Have i ever met you?

[edit] he's not offering a Carnet but some sort of alternative just for Iran. Maybe it's valid.
Hi dear Snoopy
Hope you are fine ;-)
Just to clear up :
We charge overlanders 25$ per night but its worth it because you get a lot more.
And my Carnet service is 100% legal,Of course you will have official documents which is approved by customs of the Islamic republic of Iran because it is necessary for you to have them when you travel in Iran,and when you want to leave Iran.

For more details please get in contact.

Kindest regards

Or perhaps you need to ask the price BEFOREHAND, the same 'practice' is carried out in many countries.

Depending on how you took it, but many took it as a couchsurfing/warmshowers style offering, I included. He just needs to be more clear, like sticking it on the website and also putting on there how he'll take you around Urmia, introducing you to everyday Iranians/mosques/friends and other places. I'm sure it won't put people off, it's worth the money - a drop in the ocean compared to some of the hotels in Iran (outside of the touristy cities like Estafan and Shiraz can be alarmingly expensive).

Hossein, put up a copy of the 'Carnet' documentation, or part of it to let others see what it is, and some details on what it costs. The Carnet is one of the turn offs for going to Iran - I reckon a lot more would hop over from Turkey if it is legal and easy as you say.

Depending on how you took it, but many took it as a couchsurfing/warmshowers style offering, I included. He just needs to be more clear, like sticking it on the website and also putting on there how he'll take you around Urmia, introducing you to everyday Iranians/mosques/friends and other places. I'm sure it won't put people off, it's worth the money - a drop in the ocean compared to some of the hotels in Iran (outside of the touristy cities like Estafan and Shiraz can be alarmingly expensive).
As far as i know the word of Guest House means staying with payment (Or am i wrong ?)but good to know it is my job and single income.
Soon i will clear the prices and what you get instead of payment on my website.

Hossein, put up a copy of the 'Carnet' documentation, or part of it to let others see what it is, and some details on what it costs. The Carnet is one of the turn offs for going to Iran - I reckon a lot more would hop over from Turkey if it is legal and easy as you say.

Dear Snoopy
I am so sorry,but i cant share any of the documents on the net as they are official papers and i don't have permission for this.
But those people who are interested can contact me and i will answer gladly.

Kindest regards

Never having been to Iran before I may be stating the obvious but is there not an answer to what documents are needed available here

http://www.iranvisa.co.uk

Also if someone advertised a Guest House why would anyone else think it was going to be free? :nenau

Back
Top Bottom