How much???

Just taken a look at it. It’s just a normal spec TE as far as I can tell. 😦

It has a few extra bits more than the TE, but does that make it worth the money?

Everything's relative. I bought my current and fifth GS new in 2013. I've got somewhere between £19k and £20k in total in it with all the mods I've made to it over the years.

What it’s priced at and what it sells for are two different things

Usual trick of the motor/bike trade, put the ‘list’ price up of the outgoing model so the new one doesn’t appear that much more expensive, then watch out for ‘special’ deals on the run out model. We called these Christmas trees cos they had everything on

£23,360 for a soon-to-be-obsolete model - and it doesn’t even come with luggage!

FFS - is it just me?

:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

With the mentality most GS owners have, the fact its the model before the 1300 is a bonus.
The "Oh the 1300s are shit, i prefer the old 1250" brigade will make it so.

1250 are shit i prefer the 1200
1200 are shit i prefer the 1150 etc etc repeat all the way back to 1980

With the mentality most GS owners have, the fact its the model before the 1300 is a bonus.
The "Oh the 1300s are shit, i prefer the old 1250" brigade will make it so.

1250 are shit i prefer the 1200
1200 are shit i prefer the 1150 etc etc repeat all the way back to 1980
They're all shit, buy a Honda :)

The days when a bike was a 'cheap' form of transport/fun/adventure seem to be left behind long ago........

Bit of rose tinted specs going on here

In 1979 the average UK salary was around £3500. A premium European motorcycle cost around £2800 for a Ducati 900 or Laverda Jota and £3300 for a BMW R100RS http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/priceguides.htm

In 2023, average UK salary is over £30k so not a lot of difference really, is there?

Seems a decent price.

If you can't afford it then don't be jealous
Affording's got nothing to do with it - as it happens my Multistrada was an even more bonkers price.

The point is that for a run-out model with a few bits of bling and no luggage, £23,360 seems mad to me. No doubt they will sell though...

Outgoing, yes. Obsolete, as referred to in the OP, no. There's tens of thousand on the roads in use.

It's an LE and some will buy it. Add the bits it is laden with and it is aligned with their catalogue, so just depends if someone wants those bits, wants to pay four grand over standard and actually has a choice, as the standard bike is only now available from stock.

Affording's got nothing to do with it - as it happens my Multistrada was an even more bonkers price.

The point is that for a run-out model with a few bits of bling and no luggage, £23,360 seems mad to me. No doubt they will sell though...
there will be discounts though. Cotswold are offering "free" luggage as an incentive as well as the finance contributions that BMW are offering

it's just that they don't like to discount the RRP on the configurator ...

Both my bike and car are run out models and I had significant discounts that were not called discounts on the invoice. I am guessing, but I imagine there is some sort of accounting practice going on that is more tax efficient.

Back
Top Bottom