Is it possible to display a track and a route, at the same time?

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Wondering if you could shed some light for me please.
Basecamp I have made a route and track .
Transferred them to my zumo xt 2023 .
Going onto the track I import the track change the colour and make it the widest .
Apply to map .
I have seen a utube video which it transfers the track on to the map. Now going onto trip planner I import the route and select go . It overlays on the track route below with turns signals etc. Just a backup if I go off route I can look at the track to guide me back .
I have set recalculation to off.
On my zumo xt it doesn't give me the option to select the track route to the map.
If you can give me any information it would be much appreciated
Thanks
Martin
e0ac0d3437580ccbc8d435977396f585.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Is it possible to do this ?
1d2e14e9e3822c8c7d148a5547f947fa.jpg

I am not sure that I understand what it is you are trying to do in your opening post.

I certainly have no idea what it is you are asking in the second post, which just seems to be a screen shot of a YouTube video, frozen at ‘Skip next stop’ and you asking whether it’s possible to do this? Is it possible to do what?

I guess, what you are asking is:

A. You have created a route and can display that on the screen, using it for navigation, with all its turn-by-turn instructions.

B. You have created a track of the same route.

C. You have increased the width of the route so that it displays more clearly on the screen.

Is that correct? Yes or no?

If no? What?

If yes, is it that you now want to display the route and the widened track on the screen at the same time? Yes or no?

If no, what is it you are trying to do?

I’m not clear what you are trying to do. The track is like a line on a map, it will never change. The route is the device following the track and also will recalculate as per your preferences but get u back onto your route. Overlaying a route onto a track, allows you to see if your device takes you off your track. To get back onto a track you need to do it by the mark one eyeball. If you have deviated off the track your route in theory should rejoin the track at the next waypoint or shaping point up the track. I am by no means an expert on tracks I just followed the advice on the xt forum where there is a good tutorial. Maybe ask on there, there are some gurus who really know the xt.

I am not sure that I understand what it is you are trying to do in your opening post.

I certainly have no idea what it is you are asking in the second post, which just seems to be a screen shot of a YouTube video, frozen at ‘Skip next stop’ and you asking whether it’s possible to do this? Is it possible to do what?

I guess, what you are asking is:

A. You have created a route and can display that on the screen, using it for navigation, with all its turn-by-turn instructions.

B. You have created a track of the same route.

C. You have increased the width of the route so that it displays more clearly on the screen.

Is that correct? Yes or no?

If no? What?

If yes, is it that you now want to display the route and the widened track on the screen at the same time? Yes or no?

If no, what is it you are trying to do?

Yes
Is it possible or am I over thinking it

Q. Can you turn a track into a route?

A. You can turn a track into a route, either within the XT device itself or by using BaseCamp. The video you linked in post #6 shows you how to do it, using BaseCamp.

To change a track into a route, from within your XT:

Home Screen > Apps > Tracks > Select the track you wish to change into a route > Spanner > Scroll down > Convert to Trip > Follow the on-screen instructions

Q. Can you display a track and route at the same time?

A. Yes you can, if you think the ability to do so is of value. Here’s how: https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/app.php/ZXT-P50

One small word of caution. If you have lots of tracks on your device, they will ALL display at once. It can make it difficult to spot which, out of all the tracks on display, is the one track which is beneath the route you are riding. To get around this problem, delete all the unwanted tracks from your device. Or get good at recognising which track displayed on your screen is which. Another alternative, would be to colour each track differently. But then you’d have to find them all, having in mind that some tracks are segmented.

I think the ability to display a track and route together only works well when:

1. The track is created from one single route.

2. There are no other tracks around the route, to possibly cause confusion.

You will maybe notice that, in examples on the internet of the device’s ability to show a route and track simultaneously, those two criteria are both present. One route, one track.

Much appreciated
Thanks

Nav VI is the same the Magenta overlays the track and obscures it, whereas the Zumo 590 the track overlays the Magenta and you can clearly see both track and route which I prefer.

Have not found a way of resolving on the Nav VI

On the XT you can upload custom themes, which change the width, colour etc of the track so the magna sits inside the track line

Back
Top Bottom