littleredrooster
Registered user
This may sound like a silly question, however...is it possible to trickle charge the 1150adv via the 'knobs'? (as you would jump start it).
TD
Yes - they're just heavy-duty battery connections.
This may sound like a silly question, however...is it possible to trickle charge the 1150adv via the 'knobs'? (as you would jump start it).
TD
I prefer to connect my optimate directly to the battery, I have had bad connections via the accessory socket which meant the battery was not being charged.
my next move is to buy a charger which will plug into the accessory socket as already mentioned. As this won't happen until after Christmas I have some time to figure out which is the best buy.Am I right in thinking there 2 suitable, the optimate and the c.trek or something that sounds like that. Which is the recommended one.?
Using the "knobs".
Black (negative) from car battery to the knob on the back LHS cylinder head.
Red (positive) from car battery to knob under the back rubber cover
Turn key
Push start
The 1100's didn't have them and only the later 1150's have them.Interesting to know there are 'knobs' for jump starting - where is the red/positive knob?
cheers,
Jonathan.
This may sound like a silly question, however...is it possible to trickle charge the 1150adv via the 'knobs'? (as you would jump start it).


This is what makes the subs so worthwhile.All this experience and the people willing to share it.Currently the battery has now been charged via a charger I borrowed and my next move is to buy a charger which will plug into the accessory socket as already mentioned. As this won't happen until after Christmas I have some time to figure out which is the best buy.Am I right in thinking there 2 suitable, the optimate and the c.trek or something that sounds like that. Which is the recommended one.?I hope every one has a safe and happy Christmas and as I'm an optimist am hoping for a prosperous new year
You can also fit an RT jump starter post
![]()
Yes - they're just heavy-duty battery connections.

You already have a charger, no need to buy another. Just buy a bmw plug and wire in the charger leads.