Just bought a new to me R1150 GSA From a gent of this Parish.

JON12A

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back to the start for me. This was one of the first BMW'S I ever owned and I am truly amazed at its ability for a 20 year old bike. I'm looking for original panniers / racks and the two piece seats if anyone has them to sell. I'm up in Leeds and if anyone knows of a good BMW mechanic that would be great. Thank you to Tony up in Newcastle who I bought the bike from, (a great guy to meet and deal with..)
Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys some day,
1697384306904.jpeg

BTW the two piece seat was fitted to the GS not the GSA and it isn’t a straightforward swap. All of the mounting brackets/lock have to be changed as well.

BTW the two piece seat was fitted to the GS not the GSA and it isn’t a straightforward swap. All of the mounting brackets/lock have to be changed as well.
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that.

Congratulations on your new purchase.
I was looking at it thinking nice bike then I saw the ABS blanking plug and reg plate and realised it as my old bike! I bought it off someone on here too but it needed a lot of work when it arrived. I ended up fitting a new clutch, gearbox and crank seals, full service, brake strip and refurb, Nylager swing arm bearings and final drive seals. It was leaking fuel too so I changed the fuel line connectors for metal ones. And a thorough all-over clean!
Unfortunately due to another project I had to sell it two years ago but I can vouch that it's a good bike. It went to a fella in Market Rasen and also had the plastic BMW panniers fitted which I'd sorted with matching locks for the ignition key. Looks like they weren't supplied unfortunately.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the info and good wishes Gent's much appreciated. I remember Steve Trehern from his time at Rainbow BMW with Sean the owner. Both good guys to deal with.
Motormed its good to know what's been done to the bike . Shame about the panniers, cheers pal.

No probs.
I have a file I could email you with lots of info and pics of the work I did.
Just pm me your email If you're interested. :thumb

I can recommend using Holan pannier frames and R1200GS boxes which you can pick up cheaply. I have them on both my 1150sIMG_0014.jpegIMG_0826.jpegIMG_0543.jpeg

No probs.
I have a file I could email you with lots of info and pics of the work I did.
Just pm me your email If you're interested. :thumb
Hey buddy
Am I still ok for those files and pictures. Meant to contact you a few weeks back but forgot.
Much appreciated(y)

Back
Top Bottom