K1200LT year 2000 Airbox removal

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of replacing the extremely sticky throttle cables on the standard bike with the improved OEM version so I don't get w*nker's cramp after 20 minutes riding the bike.
I am at the point where I need to lift the airbox off the intake stacks to give me enough access to be able to remove and replace the cables at the throttle body end.
Two of the clamps round the stacks are good old fashioned screw-clamps. Two however are odd contraptions that I cannot figure out how to slacken off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to change the cables without removing the airbox. Like papering the hall through the letterbox.....

Almost every aspect of servicing/repairing the K1200LT is covered in great detail by Kirk Johnson https://www.youtube.com/user/illinoisBMWriders

I'm on my 3rd LT, bloody good bikes, but can be very time consuming when it comes to working on them. I do almost all my own servicing/repairs. Will be building a sidecar for it over the winter.

Almost every aspect of servicing/repairing the K1200LT is covered in great detail by Kirk Johnson https://www.youtube.com/user/illinoisBMWriders

I'm on my 3rd LT, bloody good bikes, but can be very time consuming when it comes to working on them. I do almost all my own servicing/repairs. Will be building a sidecar for it over the winter.
Thanks. I've watched many videos by that lad, he's very knowledgeable. However, on the vid for changing the throttles ( which I have now successfully done) he just cuts the film and says something like "lift the airbox off after loosening the clamps". With a lot of faffing around I managed to hook the new cable end of the "close" cable into the throttle body. I made a kind of hook-cum-fork out of an old screwdriver and then wedged open the throttle body with a pair of pliers' by the soft handle end . It took me an hour and exhausted my list of swear words but it worked :)

Back
Top Bottom