La boucle française de 6 jours

Another sunny day on the cards ☀️

Wife’s birthday today and she has declared this morning over breakfast she would like to have e wander around old town Colmar if possible after she was looking on google maps - so I must oblige !

So I will head that way and park up in the town for an hour or two before backtracking a bit to the next hotel

Logis Rochette

Just an absolutely fantastic ride this morning over to Colmar.
4 hours of empty, beautiful cross country sweeping roads in the sunshine all topped off with the D415 again, which, even with the missus on the back, fully loaded up, is just sublime on K.
A must do road.
So I’ve done it twice this year!

There is also a good friendly Logi hotel in the village of Lapoutroie just off it, I used earlier this year where we had a cracking meal.

View attachment 541396

Arrived at tonight’s hotel and spa, La Rochette and thanks to Grantmac for the recommendations - it’s perfect for the wife’s birthday dinner
👍
How was the dinner at La Rochette?
Hope it was up to expectations and occasions. Will be there next Thursday👍👍👍
 
Grant - it was just sublime
Thank you again
👍


Although the missus chose the sorbet with kirsch for pudding - and it was dynamite 🧨
Blew her head off
😂

4 course for Euros 55 I think it was - and worth every cent.
A few cheeky glasses of cremant to ease into it.

I had this - awesone 🍷
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 13
I think this area is the road much less travelled by most UK bikers ….

It is super though and I have hit on a cracker of a hotel and restaurant thanks to the Logis app and the fact that first choice, in Chablis itself, was full.

Simply superb meal by the young husband and wife team that run this place.

Poached eggs on bacon with a red wine and chocolate sauce - yes really !!

IMG_0231.jpeg

local belly pork and vegetables cooked to perfection and melt in the mouth.

IMG_0233.jpeg

Also hugely filling !

Praline, chocolate and mousse for pud

IMG_0234.jpeg

Euros 35 the lot.
An absolute steal - topped off with yet more cremant and a fantastic bottle of 2022 Chablis.

01067ded-3c22-4edf-bbfe-7e04ecff8ca9.jpeg

We gave the cheese a miss tonight - but we do need to bring forward to discussion this bloody weird thing the French have going on - of eating the cheese first and then having pudding dead last !?!?

That’s just uncivilised and needs addressing.
If only I could raise it with my local MEP !
😜
 
Actually I like the cheese as a break before you get to the pud…. That’s just something you Brits need to get used to pal….🤣🤣🤣
 
Another day - another Logis hotel.

We have arrived in Mortagne-au-Perch after another lovely ride through France.
A bit dull and overcast today to start with but by 1pm, the sun had come through and it’s been another sunny 😎 24 degrees this afternoon.

I took a real punt on this hotel to mix things up a bit as it’s in a town but google streetview etc looked promising and there is a car park right in front of the hotel.

IMG_0244.jpeg

I initially parked in this gap next to the Gucci electric Renault 4 (not seen one before) right outside the hotel.

However, on check in, they said we received you request via the Logis app and we have reserved you a Moto spot in the courtyard behind some electric gates !
Happy days as I didn’t realise they had such a thing. I had only asked if they could recommend somewhere to park.
Though I am damn sure it would have fine where it was.

IMG_0240.jpegIMG_0241.jpeg

Hotel du Tribunal

The ride here today was a little meh! For the most part across vast farmland areas until we reached the Parc regional du Perche.
Then it picked up significantly.
Passed though this place and its estate - must have been something back in the day before they chopped all the residents heads off !!

2360fb7a-90a1-4770-8e71-9b4e767ad8c4.jpeg

La Ferte-Vidame castle/chateau

IMG_0252.jpeg

So into the town for a cheeky beer or two in the sunshine.
It’s a nice place and a fair few bikes around including some old duffers from the UK 😜

IMG_0248.jpegIMG_0245.jpegIMG_0250.jpeg

And I can’t help but look - seems to be a massive bang for the buck 🤷‍♂️
Are there lots of extras/taxes to add into this price ?

IMG_0249.jpeg
 
Brilliant. We were at the Tribunal only 3 weeks ago. Great hotel. Nice parking for bikes and good restaurant. A bit pricier than my usual stays but a good place to stay👍👍👍
My room was directly above where you parked your bike in the inner courtyard.
 
Brilliant. We were at the Tribunal only 3 weeks ago. Great hotel. Nice parking for bikes and good restaurant. A bit pricier than my usual stays but a good place to stay👍👍👍
My room was directly above where you parked your bike in the inner courtyard.

Excellent dinner - and bloody big portions. 54 euros for the 4 courses.
Absolutely bursting at the seems now.
Day 5 and still no Branston pickle with the cheese course though.
Bloody savages 😜

Wine list very extensive - and also very expensive ! 💰
 
Final leg of the loop today as we head off to Logis Hôtels Le Patio Les Hauts de Montreuil - a real mouthful and hopefully a final special dinner and stay to round out an excellent week

Hotel

IMG_0258.jpeg

Weather is looking superb again today ☀️ for the journey north.
 
Fantastic varied riding and roads today in blazing sunshine the whole day ☀️
A high of 28 !!!
Just outstanding for the end of September.

IMG_0261.jpegIMG_0260.jpeg

Arrived at the final hotel and what a place it is 👍
My sincere thanks to Grantmac for the recommendation

Great welcome at reception and the bike parking is second to none.
I’m not saying it’s a big garage but that’s a K1600 hiding in there !

IMG_0263.jpeg

Looking forward to dinner but for now, having a few cheeky beers in the town square which is really buzzing with locals enjoying the beer, weather and their Sunday.
It’s a nice town

Montreuil sur mer

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0266.jpegIMG_0267.jpeg

The missus is drinking Lupulus (?) with fruit in it !
🤷‍♂️
 
Hey JB. I am jealous as hell. The restaurant is absolutely amazing. The short ginger lady is the Maitre D’ and is bonkers. Enjoy👍👍
Really happy you like the recommendations👍👍👍
 
What a great report. Enjoyed everything about it ! :) Clearly super recommendations for your hotel stops. That is the beauty of this site.
 
Excellent dinner - and bloody big portions. 54 euros for the 4 courses.
Absolutely bursting at the seems now.
Day 5 and still no Branston pickle with the cheese course though.
Bloody savages 😜

Wine list very extensive - and also very expensive ! 💰
If you get a cheese course in the UK it will invariably contain some Brie, Camembert or other loose French rubbish. But do we ever get a nice bit of Cheddar in France? Never!!

Thank God for Brexit. :ROFLMAO:

As for expensive wine: I made a minor mistake in Arbois (Logis Hotel Les Caudalies) earlier this year of letting the Sommelier (a MOF, no less) choose appropriate glasses of Savagnin and vin jaune to accompany my meal. 50 Euros for two glasses, and vin jaune is not to everyone's taste(!) but the meal was spectacular.
 
Last edited:
Another day - another Logis hotel.

We have arrived in Mortagne-au-Perch after another lovely ride through France.
A bit dull and overcast today to start with but by 1pm, the sun had come through and it’s been another sunny 😎 24 degrees this afternoon.

I took a real punt on this hotel to mix things up a bit as it’s in a town but google streetview etc looked promising and there is a car park right in front of the hotel.

View attachment 541823

I initially parked in this gap next to the Gucci electric Renault 4 (not seen one before) right outside the hotel.

However, on check in, they said we received you request via the Logis app and we have reserved you a Moto spot in the courtyard behind some electric gates !
Happy days as I didn’t realise they had such a thing. I had only asked if they could recommend somewhere to park.
Though I am damn sure it would have fine where it was.

View attachment 541824View attachment 541825

Hotel du Tribunal

The ride here today was a little meh! For the most part across vast farmland areas until we reached the Parc regional du Perche.
Then it picked up significantly.
Passed though this place and its estate - must have been something back in the day before they chopped all the residents heads off !!

View attachment 541827

La Ferte-Vidame castle/chateau

View attachment 541828

So into the town for a cheeky beer or two in the sunshine.
It’s a nice place and a fair few bikes around including some old duffers from the UK 😜

View attachment 541835View attachment 541836View attachment 541837

And I can’t help but look - seems to be a massive bang for the buck 🤷‍♂️
Are there lots of extras/taxes to add into this price ?

View attachment 541838
Think I've looked at that hotel before when planning a route 🤔
I was trying to get too France last week, but all I managed was a few days away to Norfolk and Holmfirth on way home.
Was good, but dropped the bike, fecked the muscles 💪 in my right arm and too round it off have gout in my foot 🤣🤣20260919_074821.jpg
 


Back
Top Bottom