Le Mans - a little advice please

SBD

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
8,379
Reaction score
5,471
Location
Kent UK
I have a Guzzi LeMans that will turn 50 next year. I’ve done a few trips on the old girl, including Northern Spain and Mandello, with Madame perched on the pillion.

We’re going to go to Le Mans, the city, next spring as it seems to me to be a fitting place to take some photos to celebrate.

I don’t want to go when it’s busy, and certainly not during any of the big races (ideally not little ones either).

Can someone point me at a calendar so I can choose the weekend when it’s quiet? Ideally May.

Thanks in advance
 
Le Mans, as in the race circuit, is on a public road.

It will be quiet most days, outside of when the races are held. Go to the Le Mans’ ACO website for dates. A lot of them are known now, the others will be posted up reasonably soon:


Take the picture(s) at the main entry gate (easy to do) - it’s where the circuit museum is - or go into town and try to take them sat, say, at the cathedral..

IMG_2141.jpeg

Or just go to any of the many road signs that say ‘Le Mans’ or something similar.
 
Last edited:
Kudos to your missus. My wife who has ridden pillion for many thousands of miles, absolutely hates the back seat of my LeMans (and the XT500).
 


Back
Top Bottom