London steak evening - Thursday 25 April

Wapping

Reaction score
Date for April steaks: Thursday 25 April

Venue: To be confirmed, hopefully Blacklock, Shoreditch

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oCaZKzcoTnQ9Pta9A?g_st=ic

Time: To be confirmed, let’s aim for 18:45 sit down

Please post here

Next week I will contact the restaurant, booking a table for say, eight persons, just to get a marker down. I will also ask whether they can do a round table for us.

Paying for it: I doubt if the restaurant will want to fanny about whilst one bod says, “But I didn’t have chips, whilst another says, “I had four G+T’s but no pudding”. I suggest we keep it very simple, whereby (based on eight) we each pay 1/8th of the final bill. Agreed?

Richard

Yes please. May I have some of that and come along ? Never actually met any of you but the offer of a steak in Londinium ( I can book some where to stay ) sounds like a jolly good plan and something to look forward to without doubt ! Count me in from the sunny sussex coast !

If Like @Loiq already asked, I’d be happy to attend if they have the capacity to cater for fruitarians and general grass munchers.

I thought I saw non meat option on the menu in the other thread, the one where you posted a link for the restaurant, I thought at the time it was strange in a place that carnivores inhabit?

Update

Six meat eaters

Wapping
ChasMill
Rusty
er-minio
Kitsilano
grantmac

Plus

Loiq - Vegi / vegan?
EVskij - Vegi / vegan?

That’s eight, assuming the salad merchants are in. Let’s cap it off for now, whilst I talk to the restaurant.

The website shows non-meat options. Can you have a look please; if these suit you, I’ll add you in. If they don’t, I am happy to arrange something for later in the year, possibly at Gate or a curry place.

Update

Six meat eaters

Wapping
ChasMill
Rusty
er-minio
Kitsilano
grantmac

Plus

Loiq - Vegi / vegan?
EVskij - Vegi / vegan?

That’s eight, assuming the salad merchants are in. Let’s cap it off for now, whilst I talk to the restaurant.

The website shows non-meat options. Can you have a look please; if these suit you, I’ll add you in. If they don’t, I am happy to arrange something for later in the year, possibly at Gate or a curry place.
Moi Veggie, s'il te plaît!
At a push, will be happily deal with "VEGAN shite".

Merci!

*no idea why I've decided to reply partly in French. :nenau

**Edit: Had a look at the menu and highlighted the following veggie options...
Image 13-11-2023 at 15.09.jpg

Image 13-11-2023 at 15.11.jpg

Last edited:
can I make a formal request to be promoted....

life change sounds like a unlikelystory indeed

I tried calling them just now to book….. nobody answered the phone. Hey-ho, they are probably having their lunch.

I’ll try again at about 18:00.

Back
Top Bottom