Moscow2 It's got bigger

Well done mate!

Trip of a lifetime...at least until next summer when the travelling bug comes back....

Bet you missed England with it's silly little English flags on cars and it's misserable people :)

Welcome home anyway ;-)

Welcome home

Glad you are back safe mate.

Doesnt seem that long since you left ! The weeks have flown by here , bet your trip felt like it would never end though eh?

Looking forward to seeing some more piccies.

Well done :thumb

Hi Ian. Sorry I didn't make it to the last meet was absolutely shattered. My back is feeling better now :rob and have cleaned and serviced the bike ready for Switzerland next Saturday :eek: Still got some route planning stuff to do but more or less ready, thinking of swinging by Garmich and see whats happening as well.
Some info on the bike and me from the last trip, sorry no fuel figures gave up half way through Russia as I was filling as and when and may be just got fed up of writing stuff down.
I was away 5 weeks and 3 days, did 6280 miles. Of the 5 weeks spent about a week not riding in total so 6280 in 4 weeks. Bike only used about half a ltr of oil and tyres new Tourances are worn down half a mm at the front and 1.5 on the rear. Only problems were a right hand indicator assembly kept vibrating loose and dip headlamp bulb blown. Dip bulb not happy about as it was an expencive (£30) Piaa bulb special anti vibe etc lasted approx 1900 miles before I put back the original standard 23000 now 28800mile bulb :spitfire
Bike never let me down and coped well with the weight and wide range of speeds and conditions from hours of 80/90mph autoroutes to miles of rough unmade, potholed, water filled "main roads" and a couple of offroad (intentional) deviations. One to a wild life reserve in the Ukrain and another up to a castle in Hungary, was to lazy to walk up the steep track to the castle entrance. Must admit just made it to the castle as I was about to loose control on the deep gravel filled rutts at the top, lucky. :rolleyes: Have over 250 pictures and lots of memories from the liver stew breakfast at a hotel in Orel to finding a grand piano playing waiter at breakfast in my hotel in Lvov. The GS owner of an Italian restarant in Kiev who kept his bike in the restarant at night,the taxi driver in Zagreb from Salford! the astounding roads in the Carpaithian mountains and Croatia. Running up the coast from Split. :bounce1 Just dont ask me how the trip was. You could be there all night. :beerjug:

Will see you at the next meeting, still at the Windmill? on 18th July?
Oh thought you may like a couple more pictures. one of me with a huge weapon.

PS. The web site is still open for donations till the end of Julyhttp://www.justgiving.com/tedmorley

Attachments

• cannon1.JPG
    cannon1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Red Sqare.JPG
    Red Sqare.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Street in Moscow.JPG
    Street in Moscow.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 58
So many pictures. Get them all up on Yahoo! Photos or similar. Let's see the journey from start to end :)

Back
Top Bottom