MotoScan/ OBDLink LX Issue

LochLaddie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help with my Motscan/ OBDLink LX setup with connector cable.

I have downloaded the Motoscan app and connected my phone to the OBD successfully i.e. blue tooth connected and Adapter check was successful. But when I try to use the K25 or K50 option, with the ignition on, and select option instrument cluster or any option I get the error message 'no connection to control unit'

Do I need to purchase a license before seeing any options?
For a R1200GS 2014 is this a K25 or 50?

Thanks for any help

Your bike is a K50

Connect your cable and OBDLink LX with the ignition off, it will automatically power up from the bike

Once you’ve checked communication is working then you can switch on the ignition

Don’t know what you can or can’t see with the base software but you’ll need at least a Professional license to reset the service indicator (35 euros if I remember correctly)

Here’s a demo

@leadfarmer that's the video. @exortmanuk from the FAQ it looks like defective cable but ..... I'm not sure what I should see in the able with the free version ....

I'm going to go and try again .... May but a license to confirm if it is the cable

Success, it's time sensitive between pairing the device and connecting via Motoscan.

Only one error code I am concerned about is a O2 sensor error, can't remember the exact wording (to be investigated further) as I was relieved to talk to the control unit.

As I've said, managed to talk with the control unit and decided to purchase the Ultimate as the App is good and for the price the developer deserves it and will encourage them to further develop the App.

If you are in range of the Scottish central belt and want your service reset or use MotoScan for investigation (wine bribery accepted) PM me .... happy day's

Back
Top Bottom