Nealy 2 years in, did i choose the right bike?

2 years ago I test rode a 1250GSA while I had an S10, I found it very comfortable and the extra power was very noticeable, my Mrs didn't like the pillion seat as much as the Touratech one on the S10 and as much as I liked it I couldn't justify the cost, more so as I was happy with my current bike.

Last October a mate offered me his 2018 1200GSA Rallye for a price I couldn't refuse, I sold the S10 earlier this month.

The S10 has enough power but once you've had a bit more it's hard to go back to less. I do a lot of advanced tutoring and ride in all weathers and the protection offered by the GSA is impressive. What is less impressive as already said is the finish of the paintwork, the S10 looked new compared to it.

It had an extended warranty that I could have extended in February but at over £400 I didn't bother, hope that's going to come back and bite me, it's the one big thing I miss about the S10, I never had to worry about it letting me down, totally bomb proof.

Would I buy another GS yup, I love it but it would have to be another good deal as I can't justify the cost of a new one.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

So in short....

We all hate GS's but we would buy another.

what a strange bunch of tossers we are :D

After 4 GS LC since 2013 I am going over to the RS. Don't do off road. After having 4 RT since 2013 I went over to the GS, does 75% what the RT does. I didn't need a tall screen or special seat. I don't mod my bikes. BM is trying to reduce the weight but people add 20kg of crap + full set of panniers when going to Costa:blast

Should have made the move years ago, only thing I will miss is probably the extra leg room. Easily solved. Mine will come with tubular handlebars so the ergo is not far from the GS, weight is low down so moving the bike is not an issue.
I would by an other one if they make a Megamoto version. 200kg wet with 17 inch wheels.

After a lot searching for one I put down a deposit on the RS, than this turned up, not even run and fully loaded in:cool:

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1574299

I’ve had my GS1250 for just over a year and a 1200 for a few weeks before that.

I’m getting rid and should be having a new 1250R in a few weeks.

The GS is a great bike but it’s simply too top heavy with my wife pillion.

I know the R is only 10k lighter but I’m quite used to heavy bikes, having had a Sprint GT and a couple of ZZR 1100’s. I’m hoping the R will be superior to those in weight distribution.

It really shocked me how unstable I felt stopping and taking off on the GS, never having experienced that before. Worrying about the next road junction coming up or set of traffic lights is no way to enjoy biking. Okay maybe it’s partly me but as I’ve said I’ve had heavier bikes.

Space shouldn’t really be a problem as surprisingly front of tank to rear of pillion is only a couple of cm’s less.

Anyway we’ll see how it goes. I’ll either be raving about it or cursing myself.

Anyway we’ll see how it goes. I’ll either be raving about it or cursing myself.

You are going to love it. For me it was a choice between the R or RS. Getting the right screen for the R will be a matter of trial and error. The screen on the RS was perfect for me. And the Sport colour which I like.

Dude.....

For the last 20 years 99% of my mileage has been distance commuting. Worst case was a daily 150 mile round trip, more recently its been 80-90 mile round trip with the odd day working from home.

I've had a bunch of BMWs over this time (including 1150 GSA & 1200 GSA) and just before Covid struck I bought a 1250 GSA TE.

Right before Covid...... then the world changed and I'd barely clocked 600 miles before I had to to do a couple of emergency runs into work to distribute kit to my team and since then I've been working from home 99% of the time..

Firing up a 1250 for trips to the shop seemed a bit excessive so I SORN'd the GSA and bought a 350 Enfield (it was that or a scooter) for nipping to the shops.

I didn't so much buy the wrong bike as bought my bike at the wrong time. I can't see me doing a 4 or 5 day regular commute again between now and retirement or death (whichever comes first). So I just don't need that cruising capability / sure footedness/ range / luggage capacity that I used to rely on

So I think this year is when I accept the inevitable and flog it.

Maybe a S1000XR next.

So lovely as the 560 T Max Tech Max is , it is no GSA . It is a fantastic bike but ……………….. Have ordered a New GSA , chopped in the Electric scooter , the residual was getting lower and lower , and most dealers were not interested. Shame as I have loved it . Most dealers have no confidence in Electric motorcycles so time to get out . Looking forward to my new GSA . And breathe

So lovely as the 560 T Max Tech Max is , it is no GSA . It is a fantastic bike but ……………….. Have ordered a New GSA , chopped in the Electric scooter , the residual was getting lower and lower , and most dealers were not interested. Shame as I have loved it . Most dealers have no confidence in Electric motorcycles so time to get out . Looking forward to my new GSA . And breathe

You had a perfectly good GSA, a few weeks ago…..
Then sold it
Dunno why folk keep rinsing and repeating
Good luck with the same bike ….again

You had a perfectly good GSA, a few weeks ago…..
Then sold it
Dunno why folk keep rinsing and repeating
Good luck with the same bike ….again

I know . A mistake on my part . First time I have regretted selling a bike . Luckily I have just sold my house so I can replace it . Lesson learnt

I know . A mistake on my part . First time I have regretted selling a bike . Luckily I have just sold my house so I can replace it . Lesson learnt

Me too
We’ve all done it
Back in 2018 I sold a 1150 GSA in a moment of weakness/madness * (delete as applicable)
Within 4 weeks I had bought another in same same colour to replace it, as I missed it

Back
Top Bottom