New member with major headache! Dead gs1250 2020

Think where getting somewhere with regards an issue! I’ve got power going all around the bike chased all the way up too the keyless module on the yolk an come across some damage at the rear of the keyless module looks like it’s been taking on water an has mild corrosion on the actual circuit board! I’m trying too figure out how too attract a image for you all too see

Think where getting somewhere with regards an issue! I’ve got power going all around the bike chased all the way up too the keyless module on the yolk an come across some damage at the rear of the keyless module looks like it’s been taking on water an has mild corrosion on the actual circuit board! I’m trying too figure out how too attract a image for you all too see
You can't as you are not a paid up member

If you email me at bigcats27@myyahoo.com I can add it to the thread

Thermal event, looking at the verdigris, id say the resistance has built up, to the point the keyless module electronics have gone southbound,

Unfortunately, they only way firward is to try a known good keylesss module in place of the suspect one

Thermal event, looking at the verdigris, id say the resistance has built up, to the point the keyless module electronics have gone southbound,

Unfortunately, they only way firward is to try a known good keylesss module in place of the suspect one
I learnt a new word today!!

Either melted or smashed even chewed ! I couldn’t tell you but by the looks of it an with power getting up too there an still not turning on it’s got too be that
Well this is a thread to follow.

That's awful damage but at least you located it. Fine work.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago, that there are known cases of the keyless button being breached and letting water in through the top. Bit of Google detective work required tomorrow!

A good find, well done and thanks for the heads up.

Got any warranty left, I bet that is not a cheap thing to replace ?

I've seen cheap rubber keyless switch covers on Aliexpress etc that I thought were pointless tat, now perhaps I think I might buy one for my bike to avoid the water ingress suggested.

Verdigris - a posh way of saying the Green Shit from Copper going bad. :D

A good find, well done and thanks for the heads up.

Got any warranty left, I bet that is not a cheap thing to replace ?

I've seen cheap rubber keyless switch covers on Aliexpress etc that I thought were pointless tat, now perhaps I think I might buy one for my bike to avoid the water ingress suggested.

Verdigris - a posh way of saying the Green Shit from Copper going bad. :D
Don't suppose you have a link by any chance as my search isn't showing anything??

Found some but on Amazon (£28!!)
eBay £4

Last edited:
Now that the module is out, is there any way it may be opened and inspected? I don't expect that whats in there is too complicated. If you luck out, it may be just a corroded track, which may be repaired... (or not :sick: ).

Now that the module is out, is there any way it may be opened and inspected? I don't expect that whats in there is too complicated. If you luck out, it may be just a corroded track, which may be repaired... (or not :sick: ).
Not beyond the realms of man to dremel the thing apart and replace the offending corroded wiring, which should get it fixed.

If the part requires replacing with a new item, it may require dealer coding (as I strongly suspect any ignition/security devices would ??)

From the Advrider link above:

66 12 8 559 944 KEYLESS RIDE CONTROL UNIT $702.83

How much !!!!!!!

You can get these covers for £4 of ebay

Don't suppose you have a link by any chance as my search isn't showing anything??

Found some but on Amazon (£28!!)
eBay £4

I am not a fan of the keyless switch, so after reading the Advrider thread fully, I have ordered some plain 1-5/8" plastic pipe covers from Amazon to both cover and hide the keyless button from prying eyes:

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the keyless switch, so after reading the Advrider thread fully, I have ordered some plain 1-5/8" plastic pipe covers from Amazon to both cover and hide the keyless button from prying eyes:
That order is for two isn't it??

I'm happy to go halfs with you if you only want one..........I only live down the road from you (in fact work over in Whitely)

Back
Top Bottom