New member with major headache! Dead gs1250 2020

Me 3... having had it "as standard" on my previous 2 GS TE's I won't miss it. Switching to an RS where it's part of the "comfort" pack so not included in the SE spec I got I decided not to have it. The additional £250 ish they would charge for the clueless alone or around £750 for the "comfort" pack, which I think should be renamed to convenience (for others) pack as it just increases the spec of the bike for the benefit of the dealer and next owner at my expense and is IMO money down the drain, so not worth it unless you actually want it. It's solving a problem that doesn't exist providing a complex technical solution to an existing simple process.

Me 3... having had it "as standard" on my previous 2 GS TE's I won't miss it. Switching to an RS where it's part of the "comfort" pack so not included in the SE spec I got I decided not to have it. The additional £250 ish they would charge for the clueless alone or around £750 for the "comfort" pack, which I think should be renamed to convenience (for others) pack as it just increases the spec of the bike for the benefit of the dealer and next owner at my expense and is IMO money down the drain, so not worth it unless you actually want it. It's solving a problem that doesn't exist providing a complex technical solution to an existing simple process.
This has come up quite frequently over several forums.
This is what I dont understand.........
Key - In your pocket. Take out of pocket, Put in a hole, That does ingress water, Turn the key. Push start button. Ride away. Then Stop, Turn Key, Take out key, Put in pocket.

Key less. Walk up to bike. Push Keyless button, Start bike, ride away. Then stop, Turn off bike, walk away.

That's the bit I don't understand. How Is The physical key option better ? The keyless, You don't have to do anything :ROFLMAO: :unsure::nenau

I’d prefer the simplicity of a key over keyless, unfortunately my bike was bought “approved used” so came with keyless as it left the factory. I’d also prefer the simplicity of throttle cable over ride by wire……I should have kept my Hexhead !

I’d wager if the OP can expose the badly corroded and burnt conductor in his failed unit, it can be fixed and resealed.

Last edited:
Key - In your pocket. Take out of pocket, Put in a hole, That does ingress water, Turn the key. Push start button. Ride away. Then Stop, Turn Key, Take out key, Put in pocket.

Key less. Walk up to bike. Push Keyless button, Start bike, ride away. Then stop, Turn off bike, walk away.

That's the bit I don't understand. How Is The physical key option better ? The keyless, You don't have to do anything :ROFLMAO: :unsure::nenau
I didn't say it was better, I just said (for me) keyless is not something I want to pay extra for to replace what is a quick and easy process I get as part of the standard cost of the bike. If others want it and don't mind paying the extra for it when it's not part of the standard build fine, crack on.

Apart from keep it out of range from code grabbers , or start the engine drive off, turn off, and realise the key is on your kitchen table :D

If i had the option, key or keyless ... until they sort the keyless issues id go keyless

Apart from keep it out of range from code grabbers , or start the engine drive off, turn off, and realise the key is on your kitchen table :D

If i had the option, key or keyless ... until they sort the keyless issues id go keyless
Cant you leave your physical key on the table ?
What issues need sorting ?

Your table would need to be pretty close to the bike for it to start when the key is on it.

Within a metre, possibly a bit less, I’d say.

The only thing that makes me get my key out of my pocket is the bloody disc lock. Since the insurance insisted on it, I’ve used it religiously, so I have my key in my hand whenever I park or “un park” the bike.

On which basis, keyless is rather redundant, but it was included in the TE pack.

Cant you leave your physical key on the table ?
What issues need sorting ?
The fob is not waterproof, The transmitter output range diminishes over time, so you keep getting the warning light on the kombi, new batteries do not fix the issue - but a new fob at £200+ however does :(

Yes i can leave my physical key on the table, but the bike wont start or run without a physical key in the ignition.

Unlike a keyless, you can start it, go back inside to look for something and leave the fob away from the bike

Once started, it will stay running until its turned off, and if you dont have the fob, or plastic key with you ...

I'm not saying a physical key does not come with its own problems

Key freezing in the lock, ignition switch getting gummed up, but they cost a hell of a lot less to replace :)

The fob is not waterproof, The transmitter output range diminishes over time, so you keep getting the warning light on the kombi, new batteries do not fix the issue - but a new fob at £200+ however does :(

Yes i can leave my physical key on the table, but the bike wont start or run without a physical key in the ignition.

Unlike a keyless, you can start it, go back inside to look for something and leave the fob away from the bike

Once started, it will stay running until its turned off, and if you dont have the fob, or plastic key with you ...

Key freezing in the lock, ignition switch getting gummed up, but they cost a hell of a lot less to replace :)
Im sure there will be faulty keys, like anything else. I've never had any issues with battery or range or any messages on the TFT ?
Maybe the Keyless should come with a minimum age for use ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Well, if this is a major problem, try women :ROFLMAO:....

My bike refused to come to life yesterday, red flashing lead like there was no key, took the battery out of the key, put it back in and it fired right up.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom