NOCO NLP14

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well after taking a punt, i decided to fit it today

So for those who dont know, i decided to take advantage of prime day, and get shot of a load of vouchers i'd ammassed

So i purchased a NOCO NLP14 battery & Genius 2 charger

Unwrapped it today, and stuck it on charge

Blurb says 120 mins to charge it

It was on one bar when i plugged it in and fully charged 1hr later

Did a benchmark start with the 2020 Motobatt MBYZ16H

The usual long second crank and then the wheeze into life - 2011 TC low mileage

Then it was assemble the spacers on the NLP14 and bring the battery up to the same height as the Motorboat (there tiny btw)

So i took the opportunity to wire up my Warmnsafe fly leads at the same time

All wired up, ignition on --- so far so good

Time to press the go button ..

F*ck me!! its like its got a rocket up it's arse, the starter went off like its running the bike on its own

Long second... it had turned the dam thing over about 10 times in that time !!! holy shit !

Now to give it a week soak test and see how it likes being left for an extended period of time

so far i'm impressed ;)

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with it over an extended period.

Looking forward to your updates.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Well I'm at home atm, so round the house for 3 weeks - s it will be a once a week start

Then it will be 3 days of work runs and then the trip t france, and then into the autumn winter runs

You get that effect with any new battery, like new tyres compared to the old ones.

You get that effect with any new battery, like new tyres compared to the old ones.
Never had that on any new battery, car or bike, yes, quick to start, but not turning over as fast,

Same here. I am looking at lithium options and whilst his one came up in a search, the reviews don't look that promising, particularly relating to a dead, non chargeable battery after a few weeks and other electrical issues. Hope fully yours isn't one of these.

Back
Top Bottom