One for Arsey - Doc’s holiday take 19….

Must admit i didnt see the 2 star bit. For one night im not bothered where we stay and the prices are a bit differant for July at the place you suggested.

Must admit i didnt see the 2 star bit. For one night im not bothered where we stay and the prices are a bit differant for July at the place you suggested.

Good idea . Stay on a busy road in a tiny village and save £11 !!

5a110d2a9a42c6b69e89d84ae8e0084f.jpg

5f647267f4c1351e86724cf1ac26ede6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Changed and two nights there even though i take feck all notice of what you say.:cool:

Booking.com doesn’t like me either :LOL:

no bad thing - they are using some underhand business practices so I avoid if at all possible as detailed on wikipedia

I get prices from Google maps which show most of the booking apps and often direct to the hotel as well. I use the latter by preference and hotels.com before any other app.

Changed and two nights there even though i take feck all notice of what you say.:cool:

And that is why it’s so fucking frustrating trying to offer you advice.
You post a thread with my name in the title as you know its my neck of the woods seeing as I have a house slap bang in the middle of your intended touring area and have been going to the area regularly for over 40 years.Obviously many others have knowledge of the area too.
A few posts back you said you were going to stay in Cancale for four nights,as I’d recommended it and also a great place to stay overlooking the harbour/beach.Perfect for a having a rosé or two after a relaxing 800 mile ride from Rotterdam (other routes are available), yet end up booking a Logis 9 miles away in a tiny village, staring out at a busy D road, which just so happens to be the main thoroughfare between St Malo/Cancale and Mont St Michel etc for all those tourists in wobbly boxes.
And all to save £10 .I really dont get the logic (or logis ).
Fucking northerners.

If it was June you could go to Clisson and partake of

hf24.jpg

Some good bands on.

Reactions: Doc
I have Doc down as more of a Smooth FM, kind of a guy. But, of course, having never him, I could well be wrong.

I have Doc down as more of a Smooth FM, kind of a guy. But, of course, having never him, I could well be wrong.
More of a 80’ disco. Denim dungarees and presumably not much else. :augie

It's a long trek for me Portsmouth Ev. I would rather ride 80 miles to Hull.
Pompey to St Malo every time.
It's a lovely run in to St Malo, with Dinard just the other side.
Roll off the ferry early am in the heart of Brittany, where you can turn left, right or crazy as it seems ... go straight on! :thumb2

Pompey to St Malo every time.
It's a lovely run in to St Malo, with Dinard just the other side.
Roll off the ferry early am in the heart of Brittany, where you can turn left, right or crazy as it seems ... go straight on! :thumb2
You can’t educate uneducated :p:hide

Reactions: bod
You can’t educate uneducated :p:hide
Like all dumb brutes you can't force them!
Little coaxing with a couple of sugar cubes & let them think it's their idea. ;)

I believe Doc should be cut some slack on his choice of accommodation. I met him at the
Sun Inn Hilton in Dent. As we spoke of our rooms in its Michelin Star restaurant while chowing
down on their gormet pudding noir, we came to the conclusion our ladies would have declined
to stay there.
Conclusion. It's a matter of pleasing the ladies (who haven't got sight of these hallowed pages)
as well.

Anyway makes a change to get some stick other than Captain Arsey.:confused2: Who i think has been on the blob the last few days or his Mrs has given him some stick for buying shite bikes.
One being the Gay Cabellero:nenau

So back to the trip.
We have one more night from Le Mere Champlain to book before we go to our last stopover before the ferry.
Obviously google is showing the quickest route which is 258 miles.
Get that sorted and then we can get back to the French Alps trip.:ROFLMAO:

this Logis hotel https://maps.app.goo.gl/WS3gQmHwtTC47n3q9 is between Bayeux & Caen, and is my favourite place in Normandy. Little village with a couple of bars, a chateau near the hotel and a superb restaurant.

Lots of WW2 history in the area. Monty had his HQ in the local manor house and the BBC were in the aforementioned chateau. Arromanche and the new British memorial nearby.

About 111 miles from La Mere but so much to see on the way, if you move your head left and right as you honk up the A84 :)

this Logis hotel https://maps.app.goo.gl/WS3gQmHwtTC47n3q9 is between Bayeux & Caen, and is my favourite place in Normandy. Little village with a couple of bars, a chateau near the hotel and a superb restaurant.

Lots of WW2 history in the area. Monty had his HQ in the local manor house and the BBC were in the aforementioned chateau. Arromanche and the new British memorial nearby.

About 111 miles from La Mere but so much to see on the way, if you move your head left and right as you honk up the A84 :)
Cheers Wessie I'll have a look 👍

Back
Top Bottom