Option 499 lowering?

Max-GS12

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Apr 10, 2021
Messages
193
Reaction score
52
Location
Sussex
Just found an ideal 1200 GS but running the VIN checker it shows option 499 :rolleyes:

Guessing this can only mean it's a factory lowered example with changed suspension etc?

BMW R 1200 GS​

Options​

Get a detailed car report instantly!
191
191
Dynamic ESA
Dynamic ESA
192
192
LED Headlight
LED-Scheinwerfer
202
202
Daytime Running Lights
Tagfahrlicht
221
221
On-Board Computer Pro
Bordcomputer Pro
222
222
SA Shift Assistant Pro
SA Schaltassistent Pro
224
224
Driving Mode Pro
Fahrmodi Pro
230
230
Comfort Package
Komfort-Paket
233
233
Touring Package
Touring-Paket
235
235
Dynamic Package
Dynamik-Paket
272
272
Preparation Navigation System
Vorbereitung Navigationsgerät
326
326
SU Speedometer mph
SU Tachometer mph
350
350
SA Exhaust Manifold, chrome-plated
SA Auspuffanlage verchromt
381
381
SU Operating Instructions English
SU Betriebsanleitung Englisch
499
499
Lowering
Tieferlegung
 
Looks like a nicely specced bike on paper, it’s got the 3 packs and gear shift assist which was probably optional at the time

From personal experience with a 1200, unless you’re 7’ 8” tall I would consider the lowered suspension a bonus, I often wished mine had had it :nod

Just my 2 centimes :D
 
Looks like a nicely specced bike on paper, it’s got the 3 packs and gear shift assist which was probably optional at the time

From personal experience with a 1200, unless you’re 7’ 8” tall I would consider the lowered suspension a bonus, I often wished mine had had it :nod

Just my 2 centimes :D

I agree. I had a low S1000XR and when I was given a standard XR or GS as a service loaner I had to be more careful where I stopped at T junctions etc if there was a camber. I have what clothes makers' call a "regular" inside leg.
 
option 499 gives 30mm of lowering on front & rear shocks

The side and centre stand are lowered as well (30mm)

stick on a std or high option seat and the butt to floor height is as a std bike

Me, i'd have option 499 anyday
 
My GS is a factory low and I love it. I wasn't specifically looking for a low one but it was nearby and suited my budget. I honestly couldn't tell any difference in handling between a standard height and the lowered one during several test rides and I'm glad I went with the low one in the end. I was comfortable enough with a standard height bike but the low one is just that little bit easier to live with if you are a bit shorter.
 


Back
Top Bottom