Pan America

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone on here got one?
I see lots of negative posts on Facebook, ( surprise, surprise) but what are they actually like to live with?

A friend had one for just under 2 years. He recently changed it for a Multistrada. I think he only bought it because he felt the need to do the HD thing after he came back from an extended tour of the USA on one.

I sat on it and hefted it up off the side stand the day he parked it on our drive.

IMG_4723.JPG

Anyone on here got one?
I see lots of negative posts on Facebook, ( surprise, surprise) but what are they actually like to live with?
I think that the fact you don't see many tells you a lot

I borrowed one for 24 hours and loved it amd at 5(e time there were few discounts so I passed.
Now there are £3-4k discounts with ease, but still not selling so begs the question why.
I feel they will depreciate massively and become an expensive ownership prospect.
If you feel this is compensated for by the discount then it could be worthwhile of you like the bike.

I’ve seen the £5k savings too and it pricked my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a ride on one recently. Very wet greasy roads. Couldn’t fault it. Confidence inspiring. Easy to ride. Comfortable. What’s important to you? Couldn’t check tank range. If the figures added up for me at the time of purchase I’d buy one. The have a compition at the moment if you test ride one you could win a new one. I enjoyed my time on it. JJH

When they were launched here they were about 15,000 or 16,000 euros for the posh model so a bit of a bargain really

For some reason they don’t seem to have sold well at all, now they’re 20,000 euros for the same bike :nenau

I’ve only ever seen one or two on the road over here

They sound awesome with the right pipe do a search on the tube

Getting rid of the current beast then Sid?

Now that did have a lively exhaust :D

This is a bit of a pointless comment because you're looking at new bikes, but as a buyer of older bikes, if these were on my radar I think I'd end up with a Buell Ulysses which seem to share a lot of the desirable traits of the HD but with a different aesthetic.

I’ve ridden one…. It’s quick…handles well….

Would I buy one……

No

I tried one and it was nice enough, although something about the peg position seemed more suited to shorter riders (or maybe it was just me). If I was thinking of getting one, I'd do a day at Mick Extance in Wales as he runs their adventure off-road experience.

I can't help feeling its a great attempt at a first gen model, but needs a little refining (hated the screen).

Bought one on a whim........sold it less than 2000 miles later. Hugely grunty, handles like a dream, cooks both your legs in anything less than sub zero temperatures, the dynamic ride height thing is a gimmick and a pain. IMHO, i shoulda bought another GSA or even better kept the one i had

I saw one ‘in the metal’ for the first time yesterday in Cambridge. From all the pics I had seen in the past I had decided it was a hideous big lump. I was right.

I saw one ‘in the metal’ for the first time yesterday in Cambridge. From all the pics I had seen in the past I had decided it was a hideous big lump. I was right.
Exactly my experience. I happened upon it by chance a while ago just parked at the side of the road in a busy street in Guildford - it was so startlingly ugly I did a classic comedy double take before I realised what I was looking at. It was the first one I had seen in the flesh, and I will not worry if I never see another one. Gotta give props to Harley for trying tho...

Well i think its as cool as f*ck

The Cylon headlight is a work of genius.

If given the option of the new GS or the Pan, I 'd lean toward the Pan

Back
Top Bottom