Parking a van close to Algeciras - For a couple of months

gspod

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
313
Location
Back home
Hi
Does anyone know a secure place to park a van for a couple of months close to Algeciras.
Thanks

======

Moved and title edited.

Richard
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed here and left the van, we usually go from Tarifa but Algeciras is only 30 min away. We stayed there on the way back, and if they charged anything it wan't much. I think they also have a campsite, or there's one nearby called Torre de la Pena

 
We stayed here and left the van, we usually go from Tarifa but Algeciras is only 30 min away. We stayed there on the way back, and if they charged anything it wan't much. I think they also have a campsite, or there's one nearby called Torre de la Pena

Thank you.
What’s the difference between arriving at Tangier Ville Port and Tangier Med?
 
Tangier Med is the big new port, probably a bit easier to get through these days but it's out of town. Tangier Port is smaller and last time we were there, still a bit more chaotic in terms of moving between different random seeming huts to get import paperwork done, insurance, etc. We also paid a few $ to a fixer to help, and you used to be able to get a good deal on local currency. It's also closer to Tangier, which may matter depending on what time you get in, and the crossing to Tangier Port is quicker, 35 minutes or so last time we went
 
Tangier Med is the big new port, probably a bit easier to get through these days but it's out of town. Tangier Port is smaller and last time we were there, still a bit more chaotic in terms of moving between different random seeming huts to get import paperwork done, insurance, etc. We also paid a few $ to a fixer to help, and you used to be able to get a good deal on local currency. It's also closer to Tangier, which may matter depending on what time you get in, and the crossing to Tangier Port is quicker, 35 minutes or so last time we went
Thanks for that, great info.
I’ve previously been through Ceuta but want something a bit easier this time so will probably go Tangier Med 👍
 
Thanks for that, great info.
I’ve previously been through Ceuta but want something a bit easier this time so will probably go Tangier Med 👍
I've heard there are some issues at Ceuta.... but it might be worth going through just to see what the truth is!

I'd say Tangier Med is more streamlined and easier to use these days, but I don't mind a bit oaf chaos every now and again
 
We did the Ceuta thing a few years ago to experience an ‘exotic’ border but since then I’ve done a lot of much harder borders so if I can make my border experience easy, I will 🍻
 


Back
Top Bottom