That's the place! Say hello to Phillipe from me!
That's the place! Say hello to Phillipe from me!
I reread your post and now the penny falls. You stayed in the same place.That's the place! Say hello to Phillipe from me!
I think I posted a pic of the Caudalies cheese trolley a few pages ago. Or maybe that was on another thread.I reread your post and now the penny falls. You stayed in the same place.
Indeed Philippe was very knowledgeable and helpful but I chose my own wine. A local Jura white.
As to the food one of the best dinners I have had in France….ever…
And they only have the blue Logis rating which in my mind is completely wrong. They should have the top accreditation. Cheese trolley had 50 cheeses on it. The pic is above so have a look and feast your eyes….
I think I posted a pic of the Caudalies cheese trolley a few pages ago. Or maybe that was on another thread.
It really is a great restaurant.
When we stayed we nearly baulked at the restaurant prices, especially after two weeks of big restaurant dinners, but decided it would be a one-off treat, so went for it. My sainted wife just had two courses from the a la carte menu, I went for one of the set menus. Both had foie for starters (a bigger portion for her on the a la carte than me on the menu), and the rolled chicken thing I had for main course was simply perfect. Even the amuse bouche and between-courses sorbets were memorable!
We stayed for two nights and for both nights they laid on an impressive thunderstorm for our entertainment. The second night we bought sandwiches from the supermarket up the road and fantastic cakes from the patisserie. We also had a great long walk through the vineyards, very pretty.
Looks a great trip . Fancy doing something similar one dayThanks all. It was an amazing trip. I’ll put the routes up on my website tomorrow and then post a link![]()