Problems with bluetooth connection with BMW app and BMW Navigator!

Cowboy1

Reaction score
Really impressed with my R 1300 GS and how it all works with the BMW app, that was until I bought the new connectride navigator! when you turn on the bike the bike connects to my apple iPhone 14 Pro and then as soon as the navigator turns and connects ,it knocks the bike out so then a route you have pulled up on you bmw app does not then appear on the sat nav rendering it useless.Anyone else had this problem?

No , but yes . I did find that unless the unit is connected to WiFi the it will not sync with the phone . If away from WiFi you will need a sim . I fitted a 3 network pre loaded sim , data and now it will sync when away from WiFi .
The lack of instructions is annoying but I have found that the sim and and if doing routes on any other app I use Tom Tom mapping as i understand this is what the unit uses . Moving forward I have found it a great unit using pre made ( my route app ) routes sent via the app then to the nav . I ran a second nav at the same time to compare and the XT performed the same with no glitches from the new unit,
Early days yet but like the ease of use , stick with it as it works so well with the handle bar wheel and is system is fast .
As a stand alone sat nav it has great options , as a GPS unit ( pre made and complex routes ) I am still experimenting with twisty double back routes around wales to see how it works as it does not have “ do not recalculate “ off button .

Edited the will not sync with the nav to the correct phone , sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom