Quest playing up - quick info required

squid

Reaction score
I've been loading some route on my quest as off in a few days.

First sign of trouble was once the route was on the quest says does not match maps and has to recalculate.

If I send the routes back to mapsource they don't follow the path of the roads like they do on the original file.

Then I got a message waypoints full when downloading another route. The quest has just 50 showing. I've tried deleting these but when you select delete the quest shuts itself down?

I've tried the master reset by holding the power and IN button but that just removes the personalised settings and not the maps/routes.

tried loading one map on to clear the existing set.

Can you remove waypoints via mapsource at all?

I've managed to clear my waypoints now, deleted the routes one by one and then it let me remove the waypoints without crashing.

It just does the weird thing now of saying the routes do not match the maps and asks to re-calc which it then does. I have had this before but never sussed out what causes it?

Hi. You can clear all user data and I found this quite handy from time to time. Instructions (and useful site in general) here: http://www.elsinga.net/quest-first-aid.html Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but it sounds like there's a mismatch between Mapsource and Quest map versions (perhaps you have multiple versions loaded into Mapsource and are using the wrong one). However, clearing the Quest completely forces you to load up relevant maps again. However, if you do have access to multiple map versions through Mapsource, make sure you pick the most recent (from dropdown) both for map upload to the unit and PC route planning.

By the way, when you clear all User Data, the Quest wakes up thinking it's in the USA and it takes a bit of time (outside) for it to work out where it is. You also, of course, have to mess about for a few minutes resetting any preferences you have changed.

Thanks, I did try that but it is still doing the same thing. I did have V9 and 2008 on the PC so removed 2008 and reloaded V9.

some route I had load fine, others are still saying the map data doesn't match.

If I opt to recalculate it comes back with a much longer route. If I make the route up on the quest using the waypoint loaded it cals the correct route.

It is some form I data gone wrong within the routes but what Is the cause I am not sure? Once sussed out I bet it will be simple to avoid doing in the future.

Back
Top Bottom