Removing a BMW Alarm

SteveT

Reaction score
I've done my bestest with the sites search facility for previous coverage of this subject, but couldn't find pertinent answers - doubtless other more skilled searchers will find what I couldn't, but I'll ask anyway . . . . . . .

Has anyone removed a BMW alarm from their F8GS/F658GS?

If you have, how'd you do it?

And what, if any, are the problems encountered and how are they overcome?

I'm not a fan of alarms, hence my search for info on removing the one fitted to my latest ride. Previous machines I've had with alarms have all had after market units fitted, which just needed disconnecting from the variuos bikes circuits and those circuits restored to normal, pre-alarm condition. With the BM item plugging in via a pre-installed loom connection, on a machine using a canbus, I'm not sure what needs done to succesfully removed the black box!

So over to the collective and serch engine genieus's!

SteveT

:cool:

On my RT with a BMW alarm I just unplugged the alarm and it worked ok. Just make sure to switch off alarm first. JJH

Has anybody completed this process without scuppering the bike? I understand its a potentially sensitive subject and last thing anyone needs is the process appearing on a google search.
If you have removed your alarm and are happy to share the info let me know by PM please, or email adplant at hotmail.com
Thanks

Seeing as I started this thread . . . .

I ended up having to go to the local BM Stealership and have the unit removed and the bikes brain told not to look for an alarm. The plug under the tail needs a shorting plug in it as part of the removal.

This was on a 2010 model. My 2014 machine doesn't seem to have the alarm plug under the tail!

SteveT

:dragon

Excellent, thanks Steve, I had visions of unplugging the alarm and being scuppered.
Your input is much appreciated
Cheers

Excuse my confusion but…. The alarm is only on when you use the remote to actually, you know, turn it on. If you never do that why not simply ignore it? While I would not have an alarm fitted my 2008 GS already had the factory alarm when I bought it. I have both used it and not depending on area and circumstances. It’s never been a problem. So why bother with the aggravation, and expense, of removing it?

How do you know if your bike has the OE alarm fitted ,mines a 2011 1200gsa.never heard it going off .

Back
Top Bottom