Replacing Keyless Ride Fuel Cap

Yakker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone on here gone from using a Keyless Ride Fuel cap and back to the old school key-lock cap ?

Would like to know if it's as simple as coding lock / unbolting cap / plug new cap in etc - or if there is something that needs to be done with the keyless ride actuator etc.

Trying to avoid the bike panicking if it thinks the fuel cap is open etc.....

The Keyless Ride fuel cap refusing to open when at a garage is starting to annoy me.....

Are you pulling up at pump turning off bike completely
giving a few seconds then opening cap?

if your dash is still lit up, you wont open it.

Aye - ends up opening after a couple of minutes of me swearing at it

Works fine when at home - it's probably some sort of pressure thing going on, but i'm buggered if I'm going to get stuck somewhere North of Scourie with no fuel and no way to get more into the beast...

I had an issue with mine when I first got it and fitted a tank bag mount

Loosening the screws off slightly solved the problem I had when I couldn't get it open at a garage

No problems since then

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

I had an issue with mine when I first got it and fitted a tank bag mount

Loosening the screws off slightly solved the problem I had when I couldn't get it open at a garage

No problems since then

That's it. 99.9% of all issues regarding fuel cap, are a tank ring fitted to tightly.:thumb

Do you push down on the fuel cap before operating the release lever? I do this after switching the ignition off and have never had any issues. I do the same when closing it too by holding the lever open, pressing down on the cap then releasing the lever.

I find the same - I find giving it a good whack normally releases it. Only happened occasionally at first but now happens most fill ups. In for a service next month so will mention it.

Do you push down on the fuel cap before operating the release lever? I do this after switching the ignition off and have never had any issues. I do the same when closing it too by holding the lever open, pressing down on the cap then releasing the lever.

I do exactly the same and never had an issue

IF you do get stuck and it won't open, all you have to do is take the T25 Torx from under the seat and remove the 2 Torx bolts from the small piece of the filler cap ring and open the cap. At least you can get fuel in and sort the problem at home.

IF you do get stuck and it won't open, all you have to do is take the T25 Torx from under the seat and remove the 2 Torx bolts from the small piece of the filler cap ring and open the cap. At least you can get fuel in and sort the problem at home.

You really shouldn’t be having this problem and you certainly shouldn’t be sorting it out at home. These bikes cost a lot of hard earned money which the dealer will happily take off you, so take the bike back to the dealer. If you can’t put fuel in, then it is not fit for purpose.

You really shouldn’t be having this problem and you certainly shouldn’t be sorting it out at home. These bikes cost a lot of hard earned money which the dealer will happily take off you, so take the bike back to the dealer. If you can’t put fuel in, then it is not fit for purpose.

So if the customer adds any bling, or adjust anything ,the dealership, or brand is responsible under "Not fit for purpose":nenau

The mind boggles.

Home didn't mean do it yourself, it meant finish your trip then take it to the dealer when you get home and get them to replace it like they did with mine. Assuming it isn't something you have done of course.

I have started to have the problem of the keyless fuel cap not opening for a couple of months now (as and when it chooses) - had the bike and the GIVI tank ring for a lot lot longer with no issues.

Good to know a workaround @tigger390

Back
Top Bottom