Rhino Cam - HD Helmet Camera

How is it secured to the helmet?

Completely ignorant of these items, I guess it just downloads onto the pc just like a digital camera does?

Hi pmccphoto

At that price you can count me in, I've been looking at several cams, this seems a good spec too.

Ian

Looking for something like this and the camera certainly looks good value. Video quality of your short film is good too - a nice sunny day (distant memory already).

As with the others, I'm interested in the mounting to the helmet.

Cheers !! :thumb2

How is it secured to the helmet?

Completely ignorant of these items, I guess it just downloads onto the pc just like a digital camera does?

The camera comes with 2 sizes of velcro straps, a rubber strap, suction mount, and a handle bar mount.

If you have a motocross helmet or a arai tour x with a peak then the best way would probably be, using the smaller velcro strap around the peak.

On a regular road bike helmet i would recommend using good double sided tape or just some gaffer tape to stick the mounting plate to the helmet ( the camera screws on to this mounting plate so it can still be taken off an on)

Yes, the film clips are saved on a sd card so you can transfer them to you computer the same way you would transfer photos from a digital camera.

I will post photos up later today to show you the camera mounted to the helmet.

I got the cameras this morning guys so anyone who said they were interest i will pm you!

Here are the photos of how i mount mine

6266554924_85493c8ba8_z.jpg

6266027289_2385fe04cd_z.jpg

6266028339_3e30156c9a_z.jpg

This shows how it screws on to the plate

I don't know if I would be happy relying on a little bit of tape like that at 90-mph?

if my experience with a side-of-the-lid-mounted camera is anything to go by...

yer neck muscles will give up before the tape does. As the windblast on the camera tries to rip your head off. :rolleyes:

anyhow - you'll look like that yoke from the Predator movie! :D

Arrived today, dark now:mad: I just want to stick it on the bike and play.

got one.
took ages to set up. (babelfish English on packaging).
spent most of the time filming the sky, the other side of the road and my nose :eek.
then it stopped working - never got it going again.

maybe the 'Muvi'* camera that it's a copy of is better? :nenau

* http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...=aps&hvadid=6933747833&ref=pd_sl_80rbkzwohc_e

Back
Top Bottom