Rosie's Race for Life (Cancer research) Colchester Today

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well finally the day came around.

THIS was the original thread, followed a few months later by THIS ONE when they postponed the event due to <strike> total lack of planning and incompetence </strike>the rain.:blast

Sooooo anyway, we arrived at Castle park in Colchester just in time and Rosie, resplendent in her bright pink tutu, started off on the line with around 3000 other women, to do a 5k run several times around the park to raise money for Cancer research :thumb2

2-L.jpg

All of the participants had a card on their backs which they could write the name of the person who they were dedicating their run to......I choked up several times when I read things like 'To my lovely daughter' on the back of a woman who couldn't have been more than 30, or the large groups of women all with the same photo of an obviously much missed individual :(

Here's Rosie's

1-L.jpg

Before I put up the video and lots of gratuitous bouncing boobie photos, Rosie and I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone here who has sponsored her on her JUST GIVING page , which for those who have had their sigs turned off, has been in my sig line for the whole year......it's not too late though, you can click HERE and top up her fund before it all closes down :thumb2

Ok, here we go then......just finished uploading......the start of the event, with a lady on a bike leading (it's several laps and her job was to guide through the fastest runners in the melee of walkers and joggers who they would lap)

<object width="960" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AegTSRBRi8M?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AegTSRBRi8M?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This was the winner.......I presume she is a pro athlete 'cos she finished in under 20 mins (bearing in mind she had to get through three laps of slow people) and she was at least 4 minutes ahead of the second place girl :clap

4-L.jpg

5-L.jpg

Then came the proper runners :bow

6-M.jpg

7-L.jpg

8-L.jpg

28.jpg

20-L.jpg

The first of several Dog Runners home:

18-L.jpg

And the fun runners, joggers, trotters and walkers.

15-L.jpg

16-L.jpg

22-L.jpg

24-M.jpg

33-M.jpg

31-L.jpg

I'm very proud to say that Rosie finished the run ( in 45th place :augie)

23-L.jpg

Huge well done to all the ladies who took part and all the support there......No idea how much was raised from this one event, but I'm sure it will be a considerable sum :clap:clap:clap

Last time of pushing this, but if you fancy giving a few quid to Cancer relief through Rosie's Just giving page, please click HERE and thank you very much :thumb2

Well done My OompahLoompah :kissy2:kissy2:kissy2:kissy2

Jamie you bastard, here's to you :beerjug:

Well done Rosie. Great effort. :thumb2

I know someone else who did it recently:

i-pFVF9Rj-M.jpg

i-zZ26G2P-M.jpg

It's all a bit humbling.

Well done Rosie. Great effort. :thumb2

I know someone else who did it recently:

i-pFVF9Rj-M.jpg

i-zZ26G2P-M.jpg

It's all a bit humbling.

Normally I'd make a smart arse comment about that (well, she is a babe :blast) but I really did get choked up reading the very personal dedications on the backs of the ladies this morning.

Sobering.

PS what's her name and where does she live? :augie

Well done to Rosie and all the other girls:clap

I agree with Bill, it's very sobering...Ange and her daughters also did a race for life:beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

Great effort Rosie for such a worthy cause, well done.:thumb2

HUGE thank you to everyone who sponsored me and all the messages of support :hug
Hip aches today
Can't wait for the next one :JB

A special thanks to my coach/manager/physio/top supporter :kissy2

Back
Top Bottom