Route time difference - Basecamp & Nav

G&T

“OK sweet heart... just one last ride”
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ve seen this mentioned before on here - but can’t find outcome. I’ve just copied a route from Basecamp to my Nav VI. Distance shows the same but route time is very different on Nav?

Both Basecamp and Nav have same map version. Profile settings are the same on both too. Time always shows less on Nav. ( Maybe my Nav knows I just don’t stop for pee breaks 😂)

Any thoughts appreciated as to why it would be different.

Thanks
Glenn

Within the activity profiles on Basecamp there is a slider called 'Custom Speed' where you can adjust the default speed which I assume will affect the forecast journey time. Don't think there is an equivalent on the Nav, so maybe that is the cause of the difference.

their algorithms are written by different chimps and make different assumptions about your speed on a particular road.

From a trusted Nav guru member I heard it could be that the NAV learns my riding speed and thus the Nav is different.

My only concern with that is I have just had my new NAV VI and it hasn’t been on the bike to learn my riding style?

I shall also check that custom speed slider, but I don’t ever remember fiddling with that.

From a trusted Nav guru member I heard it could be that the NAV learns my riding speed and thus the Nav is different.

My only concern with that is I have just had my new NAV VI and it hasn’t been on the bike to learn my riding style?

I shall also check that custom speed slider, but I don’t ever remember fiddling with that.
By default, they are different, Wessie is right, but then you can make further adjustments in Basecamp, which I have done as I always found that I was planning routes in Basecamp that seemed reasonable in terms of time, but then in reality on the Nav they would take much longer. My slider is at -10mph as a result to stop me biting off more than I can chew.

Just checked a recent 78 mile loop, Nav says 1h50m, Basecamp with -10mph adjustment says 2h13m, with zero adjustment says 1h55m.....

Back
Top Bottom