Sargent seat money back guarantee

Jesim1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been looking for a better seat for my R1250RT and was wondering if anyone has tried the money back guarantee/14 day distance selling return with a Sargent seat?

They are not cheap, and I'm afraid to bite the bullet only to find it's not much better than the original, so I'd love to try one out for a couple of hundred miles and have the option to return it if I was not that taken by it. I did wonder about the wording on their site about only accepting "standard" items back, so was wondering if adding the heating in then made it a "custom" item :unsure: I did send them an email asking this - but did not get a reply :oops:

Any experience on these would be a help, I don't think the bike model would matter for the sake of this thread.

James

I haven’t experienced a Sargent seat on the model of bike that you are speaking of, but I have had them on my last three bikes: An 1150Gs, a ZX9R and a 1200Gs. As a result, I would take a Sargent seat on any bike in place of the original, they really are good. Before I bought the seat for the 1200, I tried a Corbin seat and just couldn’t get on with it.

Im now back on an 1150Gs having sold the 1200 and am seeking a Sargent seat again for that.

Ah
Not always straightforward
I bought a Sargent front seat from the UK importers, last year after they launched it to the market and seeing pics of US bikes with the seat fitted & favourable reports of comfort from early adopters (mainly in US)
I couldn’t speak directly to uk importers about the seat, everything was by email and they just wouldn’t speak, despite emails coming back instantly
I ordered it and paid £375
2 weeks later it arrived and excitedly fitted to my bike
It didn’t fit
The seat pan was too long for the rear pins and you really had to push it to get it to fit (I had a Baglux tank cover and they cited that was the problem & so took it off…It wasn’t & still wouldn’t fit & the stock seat & the Corbin fit fine with the Baglux tank cover)

This was the result
ef0dd8f3e47a5df88989d0903760f8d4.jpg

56eefd1602d8c1211660ac4685595f8d.jpg

4542ac7bb98faed7182db773213eeed6.jpg

I emailed the importer and sent the pics
They were non too bothered and I asked them to show it to the USA manufacturer, but they just didn’t want too it would appear
I really wanted to have a comfy seat, but to no avail
They said I would have to pay return postage ?
I pointed out the distance selling regulations and it was well within the 14 days
In the end they sent a returns label
They said I would be liable for any damage during fitting or on return to them
At no time would they pick up the phone
The courier just dumped the box on their doorstep and I think it was left there for 24-36 hours (as I contacted them by email when I saw the tracking log, to acknowledge safe receipt and they were happy the seat was in perfect condition for refund)
They didn’t reply for at least 24 hours
The refund was processed in full a few days later
Sadly I won’t buy one again (unless it was used)
Shame as I have Sargent seats on both my GSA’s and bought them used & they are fab
So, in the end I bought a used Corbin seat from eBay last week that had only been used for a week’s trip and it was half price, compared to the uk imported price
It’s in perfect condition
So buy used I say
49d1e4e729d7ae6d634891b184ee71bf.jpg

a3e9db8c2526158c36dfc56d29965c7b.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Sargent seat on my 1250RT and also used it on my 1200 RT. It fits fine and is way more comfortable for me than the standard seat. I even use mine on our 1250RT fleet bikes. Easy swap. But everyone’s bum is different and the UK importer is terrible, never any discounts like in the US. If I was buying another one I’d wait until I was on hols in the states and carry it back. If u do buy one, you don’t need the seat with the grippy sides, that is for bikes where u stand up and grip with your thighs, not usual on an RT. They also take some miles to bed in

I have had mine for about four years so no experience of the UK intenmediary, bought 2nd hand but vitually unused.
V. happy with the seat, night and day to the original 1200GS.

I'm showing my ignorance here - I thought they were made in the UK :oops:

Sounds like poor service from the importer, as I said, they never replied to my email either, which is a pity, they seem to just not be bothered selling stuff, so I'm not sure how I'd get on with them if I wanted to return it :unsure:

I'm showing my ignorance here - I thought they were made in the UK :oops:

Sounds like poor service from the importer, as I said, they never replied to my email either, which is a pity, they seem to just not be bothered selling stuff, so I'm not sure how I'd get on with them if I wanted to return it :unsure:
Made in th states. https://www.sargentcycle.com/ the company is very good. It’s just the uk importer who is not great

Calamander are the uk wholesaler/retailer, piss poor service, can't be arsed to email you back and now some of the sergent seats don't come with a base so you send the seat to calamander and they use your base and the quality of there fitting is questionable.

Calamander are the uk wholesaler/retailer, piss poor service, can't be arsed to email you back and now some of the sergent seats don't come with a base so you send the seat to calamander and they use your base and the quality of there fitting is questionable.

Nowadays I would only buy used, as both my GSA Sargent seats are fab and fit like a glove to my bikes
The only new Sargent seat I have bought was the Tenere 700 one and that was a saga as described above

Back
Top Bottom