Scenic GPS Map app - Part 2

Comfy Old Boots

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
13,081
Reaction score
2,121
Location
Dublin
So what are you lot using now?

Kurviger? It’s in German. I don’t speak germanzi

=======

I have started you a fresh thread.

Richard
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I see car play is available on bikes now. Christmas present in bound but what is the best twisty roads app?
 
Via Michelin has scenic.
 
I see car play is available on bikes now. Christmas present in bound but what is the best twisty roads app?
To me, the Carpuride W702 Plus seems ideal as it runs its own Android and has a GPS chip in it.
The only thing putting me of is it comes with 2 cameras and a handlebar control. I have no use for either.
I have asked if they will be doing a "basic" version... Thank you for your feedback" was the reply.
 
If you don’t want all the camera add ons then Chiggee seems to do the job. I use it with MRA and prefer it to my old Nav VI really.
 
To me, the Carpuride W702 Plus seems ideal as it runs its own Android and has a GPS chip in it.
The only thing putting me of is it comes with 2 cameras and a handlebar control. I have no use for either.
I have asked if they will be doing a "basic" version... Thank you for your feedback" was the reply.
Don't connect them.
 
….but what is the best twisty roads app?

This is the fellow’s question.

The best twisty route is arguably one you create yourself. For an app, Kurviger maybe remains best, especially if you spend a little money to buy the ‘Pro’ (or whatever it’s called) version. Yes, its algorithms can do silly things sometimes, but on the whole it’s pretty good.

Garmin’s own ‘windy roads’ app remains pretty popular, but you need a Garmin device to use it.

How you display the app is an entirely different matter. On a phone or via a mirroring device (there are several of these) is up to you.

:beerjug:
 
This is the fellow’s question.

The best twisty route is arguably one you create yourself. For an app, Kurviger maybe remains best, especially if you spend a little money to buy the ‘Pro’ (or whatever it’s called) version. Yes, its algorithms can do silly things sometimes, but on the whole it’s pretty good.

Garmin’s own ‘windy roads’ app remains pretty popular, but you need a Garmin device to use it.

How you display the app is an entirely different matter. On a phone or via a mirroring device (there are several of these) is up to you.

:beerjug:
I have to be honest i haven't had much luck with the twisty road options on a few apps, maybe because i live near rural areas, although ive never used Kurviger, so need to try that.
End up driving through farms and private land lol

Must say though, MRA generator/round tour option worked really well when i tried it.
Maybe i was lucky but it gave me a fantastic bike route 👍
 
Most odd! Kurvidger is defaulting to German and when I go to settings and select English that is the default but when I reopen the app it’s in German.

Do you still use kurvidger as you Corby road mapper of choice Wapping? I remember you using it in the past?
 
I have to be honest i haven't had much luck with the twisty road options on a few apps, maybe because i live near rural areas, although ive never used Kurviger, so need to try that.
End up driving through farms and private land lol

Must say though, MRA generator/round tour option worked really well when i tried it.
Maybe i was lucky but it gave me a fantastic bike route 👍
That’s the Tom Tom app?

I think I have what I need to be honest. I’ve given the bike a massive refresh and the old thing is running well. In the past I’ll motorway to a city or large town and then curvy road it home. Sometimes both ways!
 
Login via the browser page and change the language setting there. Then login on the app.
Ah good idea! Looks like I’ll need to spend the few bob to get a decent app. Kurviger seems very popular so that might be the one. Thanks
 
Well that is a first. Looking at the carpuride site and it saw I’m in Ireland and the page is shown in Irish! I don’t desk Irish 🙈. I seem to be having language issues 😂. Wonder if my phone reset something in a recent update?!!
 
Do you still use kurvidger as you Corby road mapper of choice Wapping? I remember you using it in the past?

I use it to suggest routes from A to B. I then fine tune them in MyRoute (often using the Michelin map layer) to suit me. I also edit out any oddities that the Kurviger algorithm has thrown in. I then either run the route through my phone (using MyRoute’s Navigation app) or through my XT and sometimes both.

I like the way the ‘Pro’ version of Kurviger allows me to break an A to B route up, part on say a motorway, part on non-motorway. I also like that it gives an added layer of twisting, though this is not essential.

I like the way I can use Kurviger on my iPad or phone.
 
Thanks Wapping. I see that would be very useful in your travels to Ireland soon for example. Appreciate the tips lads. I think I’m all set. I’ll hit the motorway to Kilkenny in an hour and twisty roads it home!
 


Back
Top Bottom