Shoei Neotec II - visor leaking… warranty?

I'm sick of a constant draught making my eye water when I close the visor. There is no apparent way to adjust anything, so mine is going back to Feridax via Padgett's of Batley this week. As an aside they sent me a reply to my first email with a veiled virtual shaking of head and intake of breath advising me of at least 6 weeks wait becasue Feridax were so far behind. What does that tell you I wonder? Or is it that Feridax are poor at fixing warranty claims? I've not heard anything untoward about them. Let's see what happens?
I love the rest of the helmet, it's comfortable, fits well, I love the dadrk visor and how easy the chin piece is to open and close wven with my heated Keiss gloves on.

Must admit mine seals perfectly. No draughts. I wonder if your visor wasn't correctly refitted when they did the pinlock, or whether it just needs the tension adjusting on the fitting bolts? On the whole, I've read far more positive comments from those who've owned the neotech helmets for a while but there does appear to be the odd one get through incorrectly set up. They're not alone. My Shark helmet leaked when I rode in heavy rain as the visor didn't seal properly. A few adjustments and some silicone grease lightly applied to the rubber seal seems to have done the trick.

We had these lids when first launched. It was like waterfall on inside of visor in the rain. After two returns with no improvement they replaced both lids.

I trundled over t'Pennines on Wendesday to Padgetts in that theeer Batley. Very helpful and knowldegeable staff who whisked my NeoTec 2 off into the back room, fettled, adjusted and generally worked their magic on my leaky visor. 100 miles of wind, rain, general up and down motorways etc and I am delighted to report that theer are no further leaks. Thanks to Padgetts for great service.

Hi guys, I'm having the exact same issues with mine. I bought mine May last year. Been out 3 times in rain, each time the rain comes in from the top. It's almost like it builds up and then seeps in as it runs down and then sits on the bottom.

Kinda disappointed though as I thought they were great helmets :(

Hi guys, I'm having the exact same issues with mine. I bought mine May last year. Been out 3 times in rain, each time the rain comes in from the top. It's almost like it builds up and then seeps in as it runs down and then sits on the bottom.

Have you lubed the seal that the visor sits against? If not done regularly with silicone, it dries out and the visor will not shut fully (generally on the right side).

Mine was “repaired” under warranty. Still leaks albeit not as much. As an added bonus, my visor, which had previously worked well, almost falls down and the slightest bit of wind pushes it shut so it’s impossible to ride at even 15 mph with it open. I’ll adjust it myself as I have zero faith in Feridax. Also, I had to continue to keep taking my pinlock out to clean it every day when it rained. So much repetitive removal/ refitting couldn’t have been good and yep, last time I did it the pinlock locator lug snapped on the visor. My fault, yes, but daily removal will take its toll.
All things considered, I am sure that Shoei still make brilliant helmets but when the odd one falls short they are being really let down by Feridax.

As I’ve said previously; I had constant problems with the pin lock on mine and ended up just removing it and never using one again in that helmet.

It’s a shame really because I’ve had quite a few Shoei helmets over the years and this is the first one to cause any problems so now I’m wondering if they just had problems with this particular model or has their build quality dropped :nenau

As I’ve said previously; I had constant problems with the pin lock on mine and ended up just removing it and never using one again in that helmet.

It’s a shame really because I’ve had quite a few Shoei helmets over the years and this is the first one to cause any problems so now I’m wondering if they just had problems with this particular model or has their build quality dropped :nenau
Don't think it is a common problem with the model, I have two and have used them extensively since they were first released and both have pinlocks fitted. No leaks, no issues at all. Just done 90 miles this morning in biblical rain, everything nice and dry inside.

The pinlock on mine simply doesn't work as intended. It mists up when it gets cold but this is likely due to the chin seal curtain thingy not allowing enough ventilation to the inside of the lid. I may just remove the pinlock inner shield. Mine continues to keep the water out and in recent outings I've been through some biblical downpours with no issues other than misting up.

The pinlock on mine simply doesn't work as intended. It mists up when it gets cold but this is likely due to the chin seal curtain thingy not allowing enough ventilation to the inside of the lid. I may just remove the pinlock inner shield. Mine continues to keep the water out and in recent outings I've been through some biblical downpours with no issues other than misting up.
I have the mesh chin curtain fitted to mine, which allows a bit more air to circulate in the helmet https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/673318

Visors have a small amount of adjustment. (Read the manual). Look at the seal with the visor in the closed position. Look for a uniform amount of compression all around.

Pin locks have a small amount of adjustment too. Read the manual. Again uniform amount or pressure on the silicon bead.

Rain on the inside of the visor is probably nowt to do with the pinlock. Probably a poorly fitted visor or air vents open/ leaking.

Condensation on the inside of the pinlock probably a badly fitted Pinlock.

Or stop mouth breathing and relax more.

I hope so, j&s posted it away yesterday. They did say that it wasn’t direct to Shoei, instead it was to their sole agent (Feradax?) who dealt with all warranty in the UK as a result.
I had a problem with the front vent snapping off on my old Multitech and I went into Feridax with it. They repaired it there and then. Brilliant service.

Don't think it is a common problem with the model, I have two and have used them extensively since they were first released and both have pinlocks fitted. No leaks, no issues at all. Just done 90 miles this morning in biblical rain, everything nice and dry
I had a problem with the front vent snapping off on my old Multitech and I went into Feridax with it. They repaired it there and then. Brilliant service.
Went into ? I was told mine had to be posted away .. where was this shrine of excellence?
Edit: I had to wait 6 weeks while some Herbert patently failed to fix the issue. If I had been able to drive to Feridax I would have done so. So- you jumped the month and half wait and had perfect service… tell me how when and where! Thanks in advance 😉

Last edited:
Visors have a small amount of adjustment. (Read the manual). Look at the seal with the visor in the closed position. Look for a uniform amount of compression all around.

Pin locks have a small amount of adjustment too. Read the manual. Again uniform amount or pressure on the silicon bead.

Rain on the inside of the visor is probably nowt to do with the pinlock. Probably a poorly fitted visor or air vents open/ leaking.

Condensation on the inside of the pinlock probably a badly fitted Pinlock.

Or stop mouth breathing and relax more.
I've done that but it still mists up. I have no problems with my Shark lid's pinlock which works well. Pinlock is adjusted properly with tensioning eccentric pins turned for optimum tension (ie with tabs pointing inwards as per instructions). Fitted the breath shield today which might help.

You have it spot on. Mines is the same. The misting isn't in the pinlock but actually on the pinlock. It's better without the chin curtain but noisy.

Out this afternoon and although improved with breath guard fitted, I guess the only way of riding in these temps is to remove the chin curtain if I want the ventilation

A bit of fiddling with the pin adjusters and the breath guard in place and all is now well. 5 hrs riding in the cold yesterday without any misting up...result.

Back
Top Bottom