Siebenrock GS2

Berin

Well-known member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
4,178
Location
South Oxfordshire

has anyone used and have comments on this? The speedo on my Basic indicates anywhere between 70 and 85 mph when travelling at 60mph, and this seems to have. few extra useful functions
 
The Siebenrock GS2 is made by Acewell - you can get the Acewell CA80 and CA85 which are all but identical direct from Acewell.co.uk
I've used the CA models on a couple of GSs and have been very happy with them, they are accurate, robust and generally very reliable in my experience.
The fact that you get digital clock and some other useful functions is a bonus - you can also get a sump plug temperature sensor so you can keep an eye on your oil temp on the speedo and even set a temperature alarm.
I have not fitted one to a G/S but they are sold by Acewell as "plug and play" for the single speedo GS and G/S models
They also have a binnacle to make the CA fit nicely on the later GS twin instrument bikes.
 
Last edited:
The Siebenrock GS2 is made by Acewell - you can get the Acewell CA80 and CA85 which are all but identical direct from Acewell.co.uk
I've used the CA models on a couple of GSs and have been very happy with them, they are accurate, robust and generally very reliable in my experience.
The fact that you get digital clock and some other useful functions is a bonus - you can also get a sump plug temperature sensor so you can keep an eye on your oil temp on the speedo and even set a temperature alarm.
I have not fitted one to a G/S but they are sold by Acewell as "plug and play" for the single speedo GS and G/S models
They also have a binnacle to make the CA fit nicely on the later GS twin instrument bikes.
That's worth knowing, thanks - I've had Acewell dashes on a couple of bikes and found them pretty good. Can't figure out the difference between a CA 80 and 85 though.
 
I have an Acewell one on my Special. It works. However, the speedo spikes. The needle shoots around a lot and doesn't read a steady speed. It's as if it's affected by the electrics and isn't shielded properly.

I've heard quite a few people have the same issue, but on the other hand, I've heard of a couple which have been completely fine.

My advice, buy it late in your build, fit it and test it so that if it is a wrong'un, you can send it back and reclaim your money within their time limit. Mine's poor and I've left it 2 years so I'm sort of stuck with it.
 
I have an Acewell one on my Special. It works. However, the speedo spikes. The needle shoots around a lot and doesn't read a steady speed. It's as if it's affected by the electrics and isn't shielded properly.

I've heard quite a few people have the same issue, but on the other hand, I've heard of a couple which have been completely fine.

My advice, buy it late in your build, fit it and test it so that if it is a wrong'un, you can send it back and reclaim your money within their time limit. Mine's poor and I've left it 2 years so I'm sort of stuck with it.
That’s exactly the issue I have with my current speedo so looks like the Acewell isn’t a fix.
 
I’ve had an Acewell ca85 on my R80st special, and on my current R80GS basic….
Unlike tufty, I’ve had zero problems with either one.
I can only think that maybe the sensor at the gearbox end is not sitting correctly, or is defective in some way.
Both bikes mine were fitted to had standard wiring, and both Acewell units fitted well, and worked exactly as they should straight out of the box.

I’d recommend the Acewell, and they are a good British firm, and will answer any problems or queries over the phone……
( not affiliated with the company in any way, just a happy customer)
 
Have you tried running the speedo wire inside some faraday cable shielding ?

I did this on a Motogadget Mini digital speedo and it made a world of difference.

I think the long cable run from the gearbox sender to the speedo means it’s otherwise prone to picking up electrical interference.
 
Have you tried running the speedo wire inside some faraday cable shielding ?

I did this on a Motogadget Mini digital speedo and it made a world of difference.

I think the long cable run from the gearbox sender to the speedo means it’s otherwise prone to picking up electrical interference.
I may give that a go. Didn't know there was such stuff!
 


Back
Top Bottom