Simple intercom between rider and pillion, does such a thing exist?

Harvey Mushman

Reaction score
Hi all; bamboozled myself looking for an intercom system. I don't need phone calls, music, sat nav instructions, group rider comms... I just want to be able to talk to herself ("look over there... Will we stop here... have you fallen off yet?") And hear her talk to me. Does such a thing exist, and if so can the collective recommend one? I usually carry my phone while riding for emergency, sometimes navigation (calimoto) but avoid taking calls... I will be upgrading to a brand new F850 soon if that makes a difference... thanks everyone!

Bottom of the range from Sena, Cardo, or any of the others. Even Aldi did one.

We use Sena SMH5 which we’ve had since 2014. Both on their second battery - strictly not a service item but easy enough. We just switch on and connect the two devices - one press on one helmet. ( when new you do need to do a one-time bluetooth pairing). Once connected we just leave the comms open so conversation is instant. New batteries last 10-12 hours.

If you want to, and I know you said you didn’t want you can also pair either headset to a phone and/or a sat Nav but not both headsets to the same phone or sat Nav. If so, the phone call ring or sat Nav instructions will interrupt the intercom, when finished the intercom should come back. You don’t have to answer the phone of course just ignore it until it rings off or press a button (can’t remember which one - there’s only two though) to hang up.

I like them. I use mine for the intercom and Sat Nav but not phone.

I was considering this conundrum before a recent trip to Austria. We had Cardo Scala Rider pac talk something or other that had fm radio capability, several phone and Bluetooth input options, could be commanded to speak with other systems on other riders etc etc etc.
I never used most of it, and when checking my kit prior to the trip I found the batteries in them were no more good due to lack of use. So I quickly bought a pair of Cardo Spirit Bluetooth intercom units. Basic, no radios, no pack talks, no several layers of Bluetooth connectivity just talk to each other and have a Sat Nav connected if you want.

Worked a treat, no confusing combinations of button presses for this that and the other, just press one button to open the channels to each other and talk. Wish I’d done it first and saved money on tech I didn’t need or use.

Got a Cardo Spirit Duo. Only used it once so far, but happy out with the results. Thanx all...

Interphone Ucom basic range would be a good shout too. Very good intercoms for not a lot of money (eg Ucom3 from infinity is currently on offer at just £99).

whatever happened to tap on shoulder and shouting really loudly.... "I NEED A PEE!, I'm cold, hungry, how much further... why am I doing this again....?"

For most here it would be an urgent tap by the rider, on their pillion’s knee, such is their reliance on SWMBO

Back
Top Bottom