centaur
Registered user
I would've replied endorsing several of the replies....but my bleedin' firewall wouldn't let me !
LOLGEOFF said:I feel so much better now, I don't feel that I have to wash my hands now after using a contaminated laptop any more.
Bigtwin said:Not been invited, BTW.

Whatton said:No one has, it's a "bring a bottle open house affair"![]()
Bigtwin said:I didn't realise it was a "pampas grass" type do.

Whatton said:It's dead casual, cheesy wine tasting easy going style, slacks and hush puppies are di rigor. Come as you are. But don't even look at the Shrimp Vol-Au-Vents or you'll be stuck on the crapper for the rest of July![]()
![]()
![]()
1. Zonealarm (free edition)
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload2.jsp
It's the firewall that stops people from breaking into your machine, and that stops progs on your machine already (we'll come to that in a minute) from sending info out (including the c**t emals to everyone)
Install it (making sure it's the free version) and answer the questions......(how many pc's is it for personal use etc) and go through the tutorial it offers.
As soon as it's done and you do anything on the PC, you're likely to get message boxes up saying 'xyz prog has asked to access the internet, allow/deny??'
. Perhaps I can trouble you with a quick query ...